• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Competitor's Printing Method: Laminating or UV Coating on IJ180C?

siphon56

We have a phone and laptop wrap (decals) business. We previously used 40C film, but the adhesive wasn't effective enough. After posting about the material our competitor uses, I discovered they use IJ180C. Today, I received samples of IJ180C and noticed they are thinner than our competitor's materials. I couldn't wrap my head around it; then I started digging into one of the samples we bought from them.

Upon removing our competitor's phone wrap, I found a clear, adhesive layer on top of the IJ180C print film. This layer was not on top of the printed design; instead, the design was printed on top of the clear material. What is this transparent, adhesive material?

Is our competitor laminating IJ180C with this clear layer and then printing on top of it? Or are they applying a UV coating to the clear layer and printing on top of it? Any insights would be appreciated.
Here's few images:
IMG_4511.jpg
IMG_4513.jpg