• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let's Build a DTF Printer (For as cheap as possible!)

UpAndPrinting

Got a stash of i3200(A) heads, some control boards and some t-slot coming in. Next project will be a 4 head printer for under $2500 if all goes well. Parts cost is dirt cheap, and width is just based on how much t-slot rail we want to use. Experimenting with doing some open source printer nerd stuff to help others who want to build their own.
I fully support this open source project. There should be more of them out there. I've watched countless hours of videos from people who document certain modifications. But a full beginning to end open source custom printer would be the best.

Smoke_Jaguar

Man who touches printers inappropriately.
Perks of having a company partner who designs circuit boards and firmware for a living, and loves open source stuff. Pretty much all the kinematic stuff is done, waiting on the dev stuff from Epson for their heads. Glad they started pushing the 3200/1600s out for development. The XP600 heads are pretty mediocre. We cannot open source their stuff, but the compiled firmwares and drivers and such are all distributable.