PDA

View Full Version : CE vs. FC?

MAB SIGNS
06-15-2006, 01:10 AM
I'm wanting to purchase my first plotter, if I were to choose a CE3000 what would I be missing from an FC machine which I have used while working for others? I do love the Graphtec FC's but would only want to upgrade to one if I took my love for signs beyond my own garage. I should ask someone at Graphtec this question but also wanted a shop owners point of view who may have upgraded from one to the other. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Derf
06-15-2006, 01:54 AM
I have a CE now and I miss my old FC1200-60 The Summa we have is cool to but I still miss my old FC2100-60

Go with the FC

I hate the CE for the fact it errors out if you do not have enough slack. My old FC would snap a roll of vinyl apart before it would ever error out.

signage
06-15-2006, 09:05 AM
If you do a search you will find out the fc does the same thing.

Derf
06-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Damn.... That sucks

WVB
06-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Less downforce on the CE, but is great for someone in his position. However, if you are going to do a lot of production work, cutting materials such as thich convex, reflective etc. Go with the FC series for high production runs. Also 4 point registration for the OPOS versus 3 I believe on the CE. Better tracking with the FC versus CE. Basically go with the FC if you plan on doing high/long production runs. Working out of your garage, lower production runs, save money go with the CE.

MAB SIGNS
06-16-2006, 02:10 AM
Thanks guys, if I were to get into production work I'd upgrade but for now I'd just be satisfying my own thrill of signmaking so a CE sounds fine. I just didn't want to jump into a machine with alot of problems or limitations.

Derf
06-16-2006, 02:18 AM
Yeah... the CE has not let me down and is a good machine... Un like my Roland that sits in it's coffin under the work table (dead of a brain failure"Main Board")