20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 1 2 3

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Today's Birthdays

None

anyone here make some of those government shut down signs??

If you did, when did they place the order? Just curious.

And what did that cost us taxpayers?

The government has their own signshop. If they went to the private sector it would be like this... "we need a deposit", 5 days of putting paperwork through for a deposit check, so as it stands as of today, no signs yet.
    But looking yesterday, they had those exterior signs on the fences, and the ones with double stick tape for the inside of the glass, it has to be like in the army where they had signguys painting the large food cans white filled almost to the top with sand and you would letter "BUTTS" in red on both sides.

They're using the same signs from the last 18 shut downs.

This is nothing new about shut downs taking place from 3 to 5 days and as long as 18 to 21 days, since 1976, with the longest one in 1995.

I made "closed until further notice" for the Lewis and Clarke center here in town. The park service runs the museum part, the rest is still open. They got about $50 worth of stuff, they always send a check, takes 4-6 weeks to get paid. They ordered it Monday afternoon.

if the govt is shut down.......GOVT SIGN SHOPS AINT MAKING SIGNS)))))

good one OP lol

Wait, you mean the government has been opened for the past 20 years?

I made some. But get this. There is no one working that can pick them up and no building open to deliver them to.

We haven't made any, but I would love to have that conversation with the poor schmuck ordering them. "Yes, you want how many?" "Yes, since there's a government shut down, all orders must be paid with gold." "No, we cannot accept a P.O." "Yes, I said gold." "I can't accept cash as it's backed by an agency that's no longer in service, nor can I accept a credit card or a check from an agency who is no longer in service."

Quote Originally Posted by JgS View Post
    I made some. But get this. There is no one working that can pick them up and no building open to deliver them to.
    And nobody around to write you a check for them either.