26 27 28 29 30 31 1

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Today's Birthdays

None

Exporting EPS to Versaworks

Hi All, still new to this. Im using Corel 10 and exporting eps files to versaworks for print and cut. It is only letting me export up to 300dpi and the colors are not solid looking, they look like dots. Am I missing something to get a smoother more solid print. What is the best way and settings to export an eps to versaworks. Thank you for any info.

Hi

Our technician recommended not using eps with versawroks but rather tiff files. Don't know if that would apply in your case. We have had no problems doing it this way. Eps gave us problems

Hi, It doesnt cut wile sending a tiff file. Thanks

Are you exporting raster images as .eps files? Or are they simple vector images? We export vector files to VersaWorks all day long, everyday as .eps files.

We usually export raster files as .tif images, unless they have a cutline on them and then they have to go as .eps files.

every eps looks "grouchy" on screen when brought into rip/print or rip/cut software, the output will be just fine, I use Versaworks everyday and 99% of what I print are all eps
    "Be a good person and do good deeds."Knowledge is power.
    Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I Made A Folder On My Desktop To Export Flexi Files As Eps. To Save. I Than Import Them From There To Versa Works. They All Print Great. You Really Dont Need More Than 72 Dpi At Full Size For Normal Stuff. What Profile For What Media Are You Using?

Thanks for everyones help. These are vector images that I save as eps files. When I print them they are grainy (dots), how do I get more of a solid look. Thanks

There may be something not quite right with the printer. An .eps file at 150 dpi should produce a nice solid color. Even and consistent. You should not see dots.

I think I found out what is going on. When I export the file it wants to save it as 8bit and the problem is something called dithering. There are 2 screens that pop up when exporting, before and after and i can see the dots in the after. How can i save these as what they are so they read in versaworks. Thank you guys for any help.

I have done further reseach and think I also have a Banding issue. I am totaly new to all this and im overwelmed. I dont even know where to begin on fixing the banding problem.