31 1 2 3 4 5 6

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Today's Birthdays

None

GX-24 Windows 7 Driver

I am having a hell of a time getting my Roland GX 24 to run with Windows 7 64 bit did anyone have any tips or know how to get this to work?

Adam

32-bit Vista driver is all I can find : http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/Do.../rwd057107.exe

I didn't have to load any drivers for my Camm-1 CX-300 on my Windows 7 32-bit production station.

It was just plug and play though Parallel cable and USB . . . I tried both !

With Windows 7 64x bit I am getting it say no driver found when i plug and play and I am trying everything I can.. will try that Rep thanks

I remember I did have some strange cutting issues at first using USB, so I went back to a parallel cable and now all is fine.

What if you tried flexi starter ? will that work Iam waiting a copy to come in to install on my 64bit.

Yeah, I guess I forgot to ever ask what software you were using if any ?

I have been using Roland Cut Studio I design in Illustrator and then use the plugin

Not sure how Windows 7 is set up but on my Vista 64 bit machine I found some devices simply would not work as there was no driver available.

Shoot an email to roland, chances are they don't currently have 64 bit drivers.

I'm forced to keep an xp machine for three pieces of hardware until the mfgs step up with 64 bit support.

don't know if this helps but i got win 7 64 bit and flexistarter 8.6 loaded it up using the flexi embeded GX-24 driver and usb. You can pick up a copy of flexi starter 8.6 with license on ebaY for $130, just set the rotate to 0 (not 90) on the plotter and it works fine. hope this helps flexi is a great buy for 130 on ebay.

There is a 64 Bit driver on the website. Navigating from this page, (http://www.rolanddga.com/owners/support/productList.asp) simply choose the GX-24, then choose Setup/Install Guides. On that list, there is a readme file that outlines the procedure to install the driver in Windows 7, since it is not plug and play. Once you have that, download the driver from the pull down Drivers list on the same page.

It is still in beta, but we have been running it for some time here, and have had no issues with Vista 64 Bit. We have also had good luck with Windows 7, despite the somewhat convoluted installation procedure.

Hope that helps.

Just bumping this thread back up so I dont have to create a new one.

Has everyone resolved their Windows 7 issues with the GX-24? D2S have you been able to get the Roland CutStudio software to work?

I'm looking at upgrading my computer very soon and trying to decide if I can upgrade to 7 or if I'm stuck with XP. I have some video work I want to do but really need to be on 7 to do it.

thanx

EMS, if you get windows 7, you can go to microsofts website and download the virtual PC and Windows XP for free! I am currently using Windows 7 Professional and Flexi 7.6 in the XP virual PC and can run ALL of my equipment and programs in both 7 and XP.

It will take some time to configure everything , but don't be afraid of windows 7. They actually got it right this time!

Dont you have to be at least using windows 7 Professional to run xp mode?

I know professional has a way of running older style programs in a compatibility mode. When I downloaded xp virual pc it said nothing about it.

i got WIN 7 RC version, and loaded ROLAND DRIVER to it, i can cut direct from COREL DRAW X3. to my CX-300...no problem

Virtual PC must be WIn 7 Professional or higher. When you go to download it it asks what version you have. If you choose anything below Professional it won't let you download it.

greenie

Something I found on another forum that might or might not help.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/vinyl-c...s/t105672.html

Remove ALL the previous installed programs and download the driver directly from Roland's site. Had all my customers do this and when it's done fresh from the start it will work without fail

thanks for the replies, is the Roland driver supported for both 32 + 64 versions?

Roland did have a fix actually a 64 bit driver.I am using it on my gx24 works great with Vista 64.

When upgrading your system and worried about drivers of any kind you need to take into account your new OS (32 vs 64). All drivers in the 64 bit world MUST be 64 bit and "signed" passing a number of test by MS and independent vendors. You can install a 32 bit driver on a 64 bit OS but only by rebooting the computer and selecting F8 where you can select to install any 32 bit driver. You will have to do this everytime you reboot or power on the computer.

Its best is to contact the vendor to see if they support the 64 bit world.
    Tony Teveris
    Senior Principal Software Engineer
    Gerber Technologies, A Gerber Scientific Company
    24 Industrial Road West
    Tolland, CT 06084 USA
    tteveris@gerberscientific.com
    tteveris@gspinc.com

Hi

Bringing up an old thread, but since I'm in the same situation as the rest there is no point in starting a new thread about it.

So I got my GX-24 and my new PC delivered on the weekend, its a i7 processor running 64bit Windows 7 (ultimate), and when I connect the GX-24 to the computer with USB, nothing happens (no popup with new hardware found or any other action). I then tried to connect it to my small netbook PC with windows XP, and new driver/roland GX-24 popped up at once.

Did the plug and play work for you on Win7 64bit? Even if I install the drivers from the roland website (checked now, only beta versions available) the computer would have to recognise the hardware (gx-24) when you plug it into the usb/computer in order for it to work, or will that solve itself with the beta drivers installed?

Also, I have Flexistarter 8.6v2 to run all my cutting tasks from, I installed it and the program itself works fine. Do I need drivers for the GX-24 at all then? Or do I just use the cutting drivers in the Production Manager and I'm set?

Just asking in here before I do anything wrong, maybe I can get some help before the Roland dealer I got it from opens tomorrow (6PM in Norway now) :) Hopefully they have got some answers, but no guarantee..

Nevermind, I got it working now :) I followed the instructions in this link, and it works just fine, I cut a file directly from Illustrator CS5 and it worked perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by webguru View Post
    Something I found on another forum that might or might not help.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/vinyl-c...s/t105672.html