26 27 28 29 30 31 1

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Today's Birthdays

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Us tech laminator

Hey does anybody have a us tech laminator? Saw them on masterwarehouse website. They are cheap but look a whole lot better than a daige. I have a daige that i just got , used, and it sucks so bad i cant do anything large with it.it's just old and worn out i figure. Cant afford to buy a nice gbc or royal or something and thought maybe i could get by with this "worf 44" fer a while....really sucks when you get a nice print an wreck it in the daige in like, point 3 seconds....

Before you go that route....look for something like this:

http://www.signweb.com/forum/for-sal...1064-wc-unused

Their asking price is a steal. Our GBC (60" Titan) easily does 150' in one shot, BUT like all laminators it takes practice (or training) for the confidence.

How big is that worn out Daige - what do you want for it?

I am leary about buying a used one, but i might have to do it anyway. Thanks for the link ! I will keep the daige to use for app tape!

I got one for the same reason. I thought the Daigle looked pretty wimpy besides the UStech one.
    I upgraded from a big squeegee so the difference was dramatic. It took a bit of learning but I was laminating 8' prints in a couple days. The longest I've done is about 32' in one run. Other than the occasional screw-up (usually operator error) it works like a charm.

And why would you sell your unused 6200 dollar laminator for 3400 ? Seems odd....

I got this used daige, replaced the bottom roller cover because it was twisted and wrinkled, and proceeded to try to use it. I experimented with about 50 ft of materials, with and without a sled, and the best i could do was a 3x3 peice before a problem occured. It is impossible to get the pressure even from end to end. Because there is no roll tension, i used my hand to keep the film taught and this helped a lot, but still not worth messin around tryin to do any big prints.

MY WIFE JUST SAID "FOR GODS SAKE JUST USE THE CREDIT CARD AND BUY THE GBC - BUT NO MORE BEER" . AND I SAID WHAAAAATTTTT?????

You'll be happy with the GBC. It's a great laminator. It'll save you enough time and money that you won't have to sacrifice your beer budget.

Well, i pulled the trigger this afternoon. Ordered a gbc arctic titan. Getting the 38" model for a little over 4k. Advantage sign supply. Cant get here soon enough....

Ps. I did a whole lot of research on this, looked at a boat load of laminator specs and came to the conclusion that you'll get what you pay for and why mess around with the most critical part of production. It's ironic- i am spending more on this laminator than i did for the printer. Who'da thunk....

Quote Originally Posted by AUTO-FX View Post
    Ps. I did a whole lot of research on this, looked at a boat load of laminator specs and came to the conclusion that you'll get what you pay for and why mess around with the most critical part of production. It's ironic- i am spending more on this laminator than i did for the printer. Who'da thunk....
    Considering how fast a cheap laminator can ruin a days worth of prints you've made a wise choice.

Saw them at the Indy show today, just keep walking..:-)

You didnt like the gbc's you saw there? What brand do you use???

I have heard some really good things about the new design that master is selling. I don't have one but would like some real feedback from people that do.

I talked to the guys at US Tech today as well and was wondering if it was worth it? We need a new 55" laminator. So the GBC is a good unit? Has anyone seen or heard any negative talk about the Mast from US Tech?

i think TresL was sayin he saw the USTech or Master laminator (not GBC) at the show he went to and he said to "keep on walkin."
    I think these USTechs and Masters are some chinese knock offs. if you buy a chinese knock off, where ya gonna get help with it when there's a problem? That was the deciding question for me, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmoneye View Post
    I have heard some really good things about the new design that master is selling. I don't have one but would like some real feedback from people that do.
    Have one and love it.

SignRite, What model do you have. We were at the convention this weekend and their price is a little cheaper for the Cold Laminator with heat assist. 55" & 65". How is your experience with the laminator? Any troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by legacysigns View Post
    SignRite, What model do you have. We were at the convention this weekend and their price is a little cheaper for the Cold Laminator with heat assist. 55" & 65". How is your experience with the laminator? Any troubles?
    Mine is a 55" cold laminator. The one I ordered was out of stock so they sent me the better model.
    Unfortunately I don't have experience with any of the fancy laminators so I can't compare. I'm sure the ones mentioned here are much better but I'm a one-man shop (mostly) and high production machine was not needed.

After seeing pictures of the upper end machines I think what I have is a no frills but hard working piece of equipment.

But after using a Big Squeegee (thanks Dale... I still use them everyday) it was a huge improvement to go to an automated laminator especially for longer runs. I was going to buy a Daigle but it just looked too cheap to me.

Anyways I am totally satisfied with this laminator. I can do runs of 8'-10' no problem and have done runs over 30' . I've also used it to mount and works great.

Most problems I've encounterd were user errors and part of my learning costs

mj-500.gif.

I got the MJ 500

I am going to order one of these in a 65" or the model right above it. What were some of the user errors that were in your learning curve? Maybe I can avoid some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salmoneye View Post
    .... What were some of the user errors that were in your learning curve? Maybe I can avoid some of them.
    Basically just learning to use an automated laminator. I knew I'd waste a bunch of vinyl in the learning week but I was really surprised that it wasn't that bad at all. It may have cost me 15-20' of print media.

Learning how to feed from youtube videos. I found the way that works for me without a sled. Too tired to put THAT into works right now.

Making sure the laminate is feed tightly enough and lined up properly. Make sure the backer paper is unrolled as far as possible when starting.
    Finding the optimum speed (around 3-5" per second is good for me but i couldn't help myself to see how fast it would go... fun for about 5-6 feet).

I have an extra media cowcatcher thing from an old Mutoh and I think I'm going to try to install it on the back of this sucker and see if will roll up the laminated media for me.

later

Arctic titan 1040 - very nice !

HERE ARE PICS OF MY NEW LAMINATOR. NOTE THE OPTIONAL MEDIA BASKET IN THE FRONT. THIS WAS A SUGGESTION, BY THE GBC GUY WHO WAS JUST HERE TO TRAIN ME, TO KEEP THE PRINTS OFF THE FLOOR AND CLEAN. THE OTHER OPTION I HAVE IS THE DEE-LUX H.D.STAND FROM IKEA, WITH THE EXCLUSIVE CASTER WHEEL UPGRADE. I WOULD THINK THAT FOR 4300$ IT SHOULD COME WITH THESE THINGS, BUT NOOOO. OH, AND NOBODY TOLD ME THERE WOULD BE NO STAND LIKE IN THE CATALOG PICTURES. TURNS OUT THE CATALOG PICTS ARE THE1064WFC. I HAVE RUN ABOUT 30 FEET OF STUFF THROUGH, AND NOT MY FINGERS, AND I'M REALLY GLAD I DITCHED THE DAIGE, OVERLOOKED THE CHEAPO CHINESE SET-UPS, AND BOUGHT THIS ONE. I WILL ADD THAT IT WAS NICE TO HAVE THE REPS HERE ON SITE.TWICE.ONE GUY CAME TO PLUG IT IN FOR ME AND MAKE SURE IT WORKS, THE OTHER 2 CAME TO TRAIN ME. THEY ALSO WERE IN TOUCH SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE THE MACHINE EVEN GOT HERE, SO A+ FOR GBC.

I see no Pictures?
    Or is it a clear laminator and media basket!

DUH. SORRY.
    Attached Images Attached Images

purchased a clear laminator with media basket and wheels. got it reeeaaal cheap on EBAY. here are the pics....

That is a sweet media basket.

thanks, but i must give credit to the GBC guy. dont want to steal his glory, ya know.

looking formore info on these laminators

Hello all, I am new to this forum and found you while doing some research on the internet about cold laminators. I am starting a new sports photography side business (more of a hobby really, but if i can make a few bucks then all the better) and was hoping someone here can help me make a decesion. I want to get a cold press laminator to laminate some pictures and mostly trading cards i am going to make. been looking at cold press rollers and would like to get one. I was originally going to get a small one, just big enought to do 8.5x11 sheets of trading cards. however, i would p-refer to get on to do the full size prints that i am going to make. I have a Canon itp8300 44" l;arge format printer.

so heres my questions, i found this thread and happen to be looking at one of the printers discussed in this thread. can anyone provide me with any info an either of these two laminators...
    1. the WORF PLUS 50"
    2. MJ500 55""

any help is appriciated...

BTW, i am not going to be doing HUGH production.....

thanks...dave

Quote Originally Posted by GetPixelized View Post
    Hello all, I am new to this forum and found you while doing some research on the internet about cold laminators. ...
    Welcome from OK
    Big Squeegee
    A "must have" tool for any shop that works with vinyl.
    Mount a 4' x 8' print in less than 10 minutes(bare table to bare table).
    Mount an 18" x 24" print in about a minute.
    Laminate, and mount prints.
    Apply pre-mask/transfer tape.
    No bubbles or wrinkles.
    Use discount code s101 for 30% discount.

I have the USTECH WORF AK-500 professional cold laminator which is my first laminator, I have done about 50ft so far with no issues and have yet to destroy anything, I am very happy about this as I was concerned about a cheap unit. I have to say I love this thing and does what I need it to do... vehicle wraps, mounting graphic on coroplast, and installing pre-mask. It would be interesting to try a high end unit though to compare.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast