User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Today's Birthdays

Post Thanks / Like

Changing a print head on Roland SC-540

Howdy y'all..
    New to the forum and I'm wondering how difficut it is to change out a black print head on a Roland SolJet SC-540. I've heard you can blow cleaner through the head to try and get back some of the deflecting jets (I've got major overspray issues) but I've never tried that either...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump...
    Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Print head

take a look at the post from Luggnut, cleaning is explained there. I have heads and instructions if you do decide to change the head. cx out www.solventinkjet.com for more info

Post Thanks / Like
    if you can get a hold of a service manual... that would provide you with detailed instruction on how to replace a head, along with all the other stuff you need to do after the actual changing of head [which is actually the easy part]

to answer your question... it's a bit tedious, but if you're used to tinkering with stuff, you should be able to successfully change heads. On the same note, if you are just a plain jane user, who expects to just snap things on and everything will be fine, then i really suggest you get a tech to do it for you. a lot of other stuff could go horribly wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm new to this board..but I've been at this for a while. Not afraid to take things apart. Techs are a bit hard to get ahold of and expensive, as we all know. Define "horribly wrong"...

Post Thanks / Like
    You can do it. I recently bought a Mimaki JV3 and had zero experience working on them. Two weeks later I had replaced all the caps and pump tubes, all 8 dampers and a printhead. Get yourself a maintenance manual. Be careful and take your time.

Post Thanks / Like
    horribly wrong? hmm.. well, since you will be removing cables, you could possibly connect the head cable improperly causing a short to your head board and head. [ok. it has happened to me :( ] short circuits caused by ink droplets, strategically nudged cables of other heads, etc would pretty much have the same effect too.

aside from this, i dunno why - but other problems seem to start cropping up when you touch a head. like intermittent damper problems, and capping stations. i guess that's probably why most people replace the dampers along with the head.

but i guess that if you are good at following instructions, the service manual will tell you all the stuff you need to know. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright...thanks for the advice, guys. I really appreciate it. Is cool to find a forum that's not snarky and cliqueish like others I've visited. Now all I need is a service manual :). Anyone know where I can find a .pdf to download?

Post Thanks / Like

Tech

I have one, but it is 15 meg. Shoot me your email

Post Thanks / Like

Sp 540 v printehead replacement

Hello everyone,

I have replaced a printhead on SP 540 v,everything was going fine.I was at horizontal alignment suddenlly one printhead I replaced stop printing.I think the flexible cables from head to carriage board was loose,then I swap the cables with each other ( ie head No 1 at 2nd slot and No2 at Ist slot of carriage board) at carriage board end and font the head working on other end.I am sure the carriage board not functioning but wanna doubble check that do i need to order main board as well ? or someone have any other idea ?

regards
    Jagdeep Singh

Post Thanks / Like

prob head board fuse

If the cable is not perfect, you probably popped a head board fuse. Make sure all power is of both primary and secondary before touching print head ribbons.

Post Thanks / Like
    where can i d/l the sc-540 service manual for free? or can someone sent me the instruction on how to change the printhead.

tshirtgrafx@yahoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kffernandez;752153]horribly wrong? hmm.. well, since you will be removing cables, you could possibly connect the head cable improperly causing a short to your head board ............QUOTE]

Happened to me changing heads on my mutoh. I forgot to unplug it and zzzzap ... there went the head board.

Now I need to change a couple heads on my SC540 as well. Needless to say I will follow all precautions.

And ya... what he said... things can go horribly wrong.