28 29 30 1 2 3 4

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Today's Birthdays

William (40)

Flexi and Mimaki print/cut

So I recently purchased a Mimaki CG-130fx to go with my Mimaki JV3-160s. I'm currently running Flexi 10.5 and have no problems with the printer. However I'm having a hard time with printing something and than cutting out out on the plotter.

If I try to add the job to the plotter it says 'Cannot move job because of different setup'

Any ideas would be helpful

I belive you have to use Mimaki Fine Cut, it's a plugin for Illustrator

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoGraphics View Post
    I belive you have to use Mimaki Fine Cut, it's a plugin for Illustrator
    Flexi 10.5 should support both

You do not need fine cut at all. Check that the cutter is setup right in production manager. I check back in here in the morning.
    Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Ok - I'm assuming you were already printing fine on the JV3.

Again - you do not in any way need Mimaki Fine Cut if you have FlexiSign Pro. First make sure the cutter is connected to the computer via USB and you installed the Windows drivers for it and Windows sees it in Windows Device manager. If so load a scrap of anything in the cutter then in Production Manager add the cutter as another setup, if it gives multiple USB ports like USB001 or something you might have to pick one to begin with. Once it's there and has a check you can right click it on the line that is checked and try to send a test cut. This part must work. If that works then it's just a matter of setting the Default Job properties. I always had the "cutter options" button all shut off and set those from the cutter itself. Other then that - back in FlexiSign open something, click it and add a contour cut. Click it like you are going to print, should be a cutter tab on the Rip and Print dialog box. Make sure the registration mark is (going by memory on this as I do not have a Mimaki CG-FX cutter anymore) set to Mimaki type 2 and it is set as "send as separate jobs". Should print and the cut job should be sitting in Production Manager with a hold status. The load the print on the cutter, align it to the first mark, then send the job from Production Manager. It shoudl find all 4 corners and cut away.
    Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

As of right now I can print fine. I will try your suggestions and post back here...

Again thank you very much

Figured it out.... Thank you very much. Problem was the contur cut and it's "mimaki type 1" marks. Didn't need fine cut at all.