• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Best Banner Hem Tape...?

okeesignguy

We've been using generic 1-1/2" banner hem tape with mediocre success...
I would love to hear about some better....stronger alternatives...
What are you guys using...?
THANX!!!

brycesteiner

We've been using generic 1-1/2" banner hem tape with mediocre success...
I would love to hear about some better....stronger alternatives...
What are you guys using...?
THANX!!!
The Orafol Orabond 1397PP tape is the best. I've tried others that just can't handle time or cold weather. I've never had these come apart ever! In fact, if you try to pull it apart after a few hours/day you will actually have to rip the banner to separate the hem.

I get it from Fellers

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have found a banner tape that is way stronger than any of the other banner tapes on the market but I only have it in 1" for now. It's also way cheaper than any of the "banner" tapes on the market at $6 for a 55yard roll. I've switched quite a few shops over to it so far as they can't beat the price.

I'm hesitant to say what it is until I get my deal done with the manufacturer... We want to distribute it since it's so good.

ChicagoGraphics

I have found a banner tape that is way stronger than any of the other banner tapes on the market but I only have it in 1" for now. It's also way cheaper than any of the "banner" tapes on the market at $6 for a 55yard roll. I've switched quite a few shops over to it so far as they can't beat the price.

I'm hesitant to say what it is until I get my deal done with the manufacturer... We want to distribute it since it's so good.
Is it made in the USA or China?

We use the "Tuff Tape III Vinyl Banner Hem Tape" for most of our hemmed banners, but will use the Orafol Orabond 1397PP for longer term things. I've had good luck with both of them, if you want a tape that has more uses, the 1397PP is a better way to go - we use that to stick lots of things to things.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is it made in the USA or China?
USA, it's marketed toward the PCB industry. Only now since we have been buying so much has our rep asked what we use it for.

We have also used it to mount signs and posters and also to hold letters to a backer. It has a tensile strength of 145lbs/in and a shear strength of 95lbs/in it's really strong and can work up to 212F

Last edited:

rjssigns

USA, it's marketed toward the PCB. Only now since we have been buying so much has our rep asked what we use it for.

We have also used it to mount signs and posters and also to hold letters to a backer. It has a tensile strength of 145lbs/in and a shear strength of 95lbs/in it's really strong and can work up to 212F

I'd be interested in trying the tape and see how it stacks up against what I'm using.

USA, it's marketed toward the PCB industry. Only now since we have been buying so much has our rep asked what we use it for.

Any word on this banner tape yet? Looking at alternatives to heat welding machines that aren't getting great reviews. I ordered a sample from HEMTEK and pulled it apart as soon as I opened up the envelope. Called the guy and he said he didn't set the heat hot enough without melting it.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Any word on this banner tape yet? Looking at alternatives to heat welding machines that aren't getting great reviews. I ordered a sample from HEMTEK and pulled it apart as soon as I opened up the envelope. Called the guy and he said he didn't set the heat hot enough without melting it.

I was put into contact from 2CT and I should have material available for testing in the next week.

Dan360

We use Tesa banner tape at the moment since our welder is in need of a new heating element. It's pretty cheap and I haven't had any issues.

dsmskyline

I've had great results with the tape from sign world.

Have used it for many more uses than just hem tape.

I put up some 18"x24" gator signs on drywall over a year ago and they are still right on the wall.

2B

The Orafol Orabond 1397PP tape is the best. I've tried others that just can't handle time or cold weather. I've never had these come apart ever! In fact, if you try to pull it apart after a few hours/day you will actually have to rip the banner to separate the hem.

I get it from Fellers

we also have found this tape to hold up the best here in TX, Grimco has a better price than Fellers

CL Visual

don't have time to read through but I use an orafol product from fellers. It's the red roll. It's the best stuff I've ever used. They have a 1" and a 1.5". I tend to use the 1.5" only because it's easier to fold over consistently. A little more money but saves production time which tends to be more valuable.