• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best unlaminated vinyl for wraps

Troykkp

Looking from some personal preferences that people may have for vinyl that is not laminated for doing vehicle wraps. We are looking for short term fleet graphics. Have been using 3m control tac and find that it is to thin and can be difficult to apply when you are trying to do quick turn around, and it can be difficult to remove as well. Love to hear some other products that people have had success with. Thanks

Fuel Media

if your looking for short term at low cost , we have been using PROPRINT for a while now and it gets the job done for that short term low budget job,

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
DO IT RIGHT or DON'T DO IT AT ALL. Use the correct vinyl for the job. Short term, long term, doesn't matter. If the customer wants a wrap, partial or full, we use wrap vinyl and laminate. I don't care if they peel it off tomorrow or 4 years later. Costs the same either way.

CanuckSigns

This is a horrible suggestion for a wrap vinyl. It will work for flat surfaces (think BUS side panels.)
I'm well aware what it's used for, the OP was very vague on what they were looking for, they said it was for fleet graphics, which could very well be box trucks and cargo vans.

0igo

Depending on the vehicle instant one media is good (not the cast roll though it's too thin if its not laminated).

Bly

We've tried using calendared for clients wanting to cheap out and have just gone back to Avery 1105/6460 for all vehicle graphics now.
Ease of installation and knowing it will stay down anywhere makes it worth the money.

IslandSignWorks

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a "low cost wrap material." If you want the stretchiness to go around curves you need to use a good product. We also use the avery wrap products. The material cost is not the biggest expense in the job. Labor is the much bigger cost, and the avery product goes down fast and with high quality.