• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wanted Cant print white

Boykin

Hello all I have an hp fb500 scitex printer with white .
I can't figure out how to print white is it in the files that I have to have white channel. If someone could help me please

FrankW

If the nozzle test of the white heads are ok, it will be a problem with your RIP. Because you did not mention which RIP do you use, nobody can help you.

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
You have to have a separate layer in your file to be able to print white. Onyx has some videos on YouTube to help with white ink file setup.

FrankW

If you have installed the onyx profiles for the FB500, you will have profiles for CMYK, for printing white over color or white under color.

If you want to let onyx just generate a white layer you need to open job editor, go to the tab where you do color replacement, and select the spot color layer option (not shure if this is the correct name, use german onyx). There you can select if Onyx underfill only printed areas, white areas and so on.

If you want to print white spot color, you should color the objects you want to print white in a spot color named „Spot1“ in your design software. You can use different color names, but you dont need to set up „Spot1“ in advance separately, is pre-defined.

If you want to underfill or overfill selected areas, you need to draw the areas you want to print white, and set the white areas and the objects they should underfill to „overprint“ (Illustrator in the attributes).