• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CE5000-60 GRAPHTEC

Pugamom

Hi! First time posting:
I came across a CE5000-60. In great condition I’d really like to use, but having an issue in sending my files from Cadworx to the graphtec to cut it. Looking for ideas on what software to use to do this? I’ve tried to use vector cut but this machine is old and doesn’t seem supported any more. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

MrDav3C

Not sure how old the CE5000 is but we used to cut directly from CorelDraw on our old Graphtec. I think we found there was a lack of support or compatibility issues with older plotters, cutting master & some versions of CorelDraw.

From memory the method was to have the plotter installed using the right driver but as a printer, with the paper setting in windows as "free size" and defined to say 580mm x 3000mm, the page size in CorelDraw to match this and any artwork set with a solid white fill and a black hairline outline, placed on then sent to print.

Seemed to work pretty well for us, has been a few years so hopefully I have remembered everything!

Obviously this lacks a lot of the additional features you get with proper cutting software but general functionality for simply cutting vinyl worked ok..... saying that I vaguely remember an issue where the plotter had to be powered on before the PC in order for this to work.

Good Luck!