• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

control tac comply, easily removable?

gabagoo

For you wrap guys......

I have a customer who is having his racew car wrapped. The company doing the wrap suggested that the sponsors, numbers and series decals be done seperatly as no guarantee the wrap goes on 100% straight.

They also told them that they were to busy to get the other graphics done and asked if they had someone else who could do it. That would be me.
They told him to have the graphics printed on control tac as it would be easier to remove that vinyl on top of the wrap to redo logos, etc that get ruined during the race.

I have no idea if that would be the way to go or would it be better to use a removable vinyl for these logos.

What do the wrap professionals think?

wildside

i would say the company doing the wrap isn't doing something right, can't guarantee it is straight???....i would question that

and the material is in material, if it is enough damage to replace the top logo, most likely it damaged the wrap underneath anyhow

i say print it all as one, and the first sign of damage, reprint and go right back over the top of the original logo or section...

grafixemporium

I understand and agree that - depending on the car and the design - there are some areas where it could be tough to ensure the text stays 100% straight from a visual perspective. There's some heating and stretching involved in some wraps. Some compound curves are tough work around. A good wrap designer will know those limitations and will probably design accordingly. As for the numbers and other stuff on the side of a race car? It wouldn't be difficult at all to get that stuff straight. It should be in the wrap.

When we do overlays, yes, we use 180cv3 on top of 180cv3. That guarantees the finished product will look great and last a long time.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it removes well. You just have to get the temperature right. to hot and the bottom layer will start to pull up.

gabagoo

I understand and agree that - depending on the car and the design - there are some areas where it could be tough to ensure the text stays 100% straight from a visual perspective. There's some heating and stretching involved in some wraps. Some compound curves are tough work around. A good wrap designer will know those limitations and will probably design accordingly. As for the numbers and other stuff on the side of a race car? It wouldn't be difficult at all to get that stuff straight. It should be in the wrap.

When we do overlays, yes, we use 180cv3 on top of 180cv3. That guarantees the finished product will look great and last a long time.

yes the car is a rolex grand am prototype and it will not be an easy install.
I am only to happy to do these added graphics as in past years i did everything, but the vehicle was painted. They have decided to go with the wrap as it is cheaper and it weighs 30 pounds less than paint!!!

I could never do a wrap for what these guys are getting charged so just as well. Although you say the 180 will remove if the heat is correct, I wonder if I should not just use removable vinyl, which seems more appropriate for this application.

Here is a pic of the car from last year, although this year because it will be wrapped I am sure the graphics will be a little wilder.

Attachments

• AIM_-Montreal_001.jpg
    AIM_-Montreal_001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 93