• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating ICC profiles with Flexi on Epson S80600

monjay78

Dealing with the same issue now, Did you figure anything out? I have been taking with Epson and SAI (Flexi12) and they are saying the profiles are in the Epson Control Dashboard. Waiting for SAI to call me today to resolve issue.

ironchef

Are you guys happy with the epson printer? I'm a long time mimaki owner, thinking of switching to Epson or latex

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Case

Epson S80 is an absolute beast.... Long time Mimaki owner and supporter here too.... Epson S80 hands down is my favorite printer now.... Color, Speed, Quality, Fixed Take up reel....

Case

Case

And yes there are a ton of profiles in the Epson Dashboard if you are not building your own...

Case

altereddezignz

I'm having issues with banding now. No matter the profile, ink, media, heat. Did a auto and manual page feed alignment. Nozzle test is perfect. Epson has send 4 huge boxes of parts and will be here tomorrow.

Also there is a type of decal out on all epson s80 printers. Your dealer should have called you already. It is in the ore heaters. They can get to hot and catch fire as wel can be causing the machine to actually shock people. Other than that no issues lol. My banding issue is anything less than 12 pass unless it's a amber then 8 pass looks great.

Oh and if you notice that your epson is cleaning more it is bc you have a nozzle dropping out during printing. It has a hidden built
In feature that if it drops nozzles while printing even tho it picks them back up it will then clean. I've had more tha 10 cleanings in a day

a77

altered, is it one particular colour ink that is clogging? I have the S40, so far so good.
And yes they flew someone in to do something to the machine so that it won't be a shocking hazard.

altereddezignz

Tech is here now. Brown, Yellow, Grey, Black,. New heads, trying differ materials now. Adjust temps to 3m specs and using a file directly from epson without any rip. Still banding. Dark banding now not light banding.

Bly

We do work for a company with an older Epson eco sol printer.
They send us a heap of work to do on our HP latexes cos theirs is down so often.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Definitely the first I've heard of an S80 with issues. I hope they are sorted swiftly. Keen to know what it ends up being.
Ours will be delivered/installed mid August.

altereddezignz

So new heads, New heaters, Went ahead and changed encoders just to make sure. When we isolated and printed with a single head head 1 printed fine head 2 has banding.
Will start again in morning.

Also in case you didnt know the Epson S80600 has a build in feature you cannot change. When it sees that nozzles or multiple nozzles miss fire or drop out during print it will clean. So there is a possibility of multiple cleaning during the day.

Also please check with your dealer if you purchased an S80600 There is an issue where the post heaters can be defective and can overheat and cause a fire. Also with the same heaters there is an issue where the cables are rubbing metal and can shock you.

Call epson they will verify this and will send a tech to you to check your machine for any issues with the heaters. Not all units are effected but the bulletin is for all S80600 in or out of warranty.

altereddezignz

No idea. Not sure if it picks up the banding or the pressure is to high or something. The tech left before i could find out. I will have another tech here on monday from Epson out of California. I will ask him and find out how it knows it.