• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Don't be greedy..............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hello, there is no need to be rude as my reply was not rude, it was direct reply to your thread and your accusation of another sign company of being greedy (which is unfounded and insulting). I made the point (without being rude) that the greed is actually with the folks that cut the prices in desperation to win a bid, not the manufacturer that may have a higher estimate/quote. What's even more unnerving is that you have the nerve to challenge my research that has taken me 25 years to compile and your reply stating that nearly all statistics are unfounded are, well, absurd. You make claims, yet offer no credits for your bold and uneducated statement which only gives credence that you clearly do not understand your responsibility as a business man, as a manufacturer and the effect on the community. I provided credits for every claim I mentioned within my reply to your unwarranted and outlandish post of stating "don't be greedy" (Top 20 Facts About Manufacturing | NAM), clearly, you did not read them to make the connection which says much about your business model.

The The National Association of Manufacturers (NAM) is the largest manufacturing association in the United States, representing small and large manufacturers in every industrial sector and in all 50 states. Manufacturing employs more than 12 million men and women, contributes $2.17 trillion to the U.S. economy annually, has the largest economic impact of any major sector and accounts for more than three-quarters of all private-sector research and development in the nation. The NAM is the powerful voice of the manufacturing community and the leading advocate for a policy agenda that helps manufacturers compete in the global economy and create jobs across the United States. The NAM’s world-class staff of policy experts provide unmatched access and information on the key issues affecting your business and bottom line NAM - National Association of Manufacturers - Manufacturing Association.

I grew my sign and graphics corporation from a small, 6 man facility to a multi-million dollar business with multiple locations within 15 years. During that time, I rewrote the process management procedural methods dedicated to the sign industry providing lean and unheard of techniques for production, including color management that is now used by many fortune 500 companies today.
You have nothing to add except a big mouth and your pitiful business model (at least that is the impression if get from your poor use of words).

...but hey, good luck with your "undercutting pricing" way of doing business and putting the label "greedy" on other sign companies. You are the classic example of those folks that can't be helped to see the err of their own ways.

Yowsa, we got a live one, here.

SignMan, before you pop a gasket or go bonkers about what I write..... why don't you read what I wrote and try to understand..... comprehend, what I wrote, instead of getting all dramatic and making up your own story lines ?? Quite frankly, I'm not interested in your emotional outbursts of the insignificance of your fact findings and how they do not work or pertain to this thread.

I wasn't rude towards you or your answers. I was being honest. Your statistics, facts and what you wrote were just a buncha words, having no bearing whatsoever on this thread. It's as if you waited the 25 years you said it took you to compile this stuff and you blew your wad right here and now, but in an inappropriate situation.

I also don't care if you are a $500,000 or $5,000,000 a year company. The only difference between you and me would be how many commas are in front of the decimal. Same scenarios.

I grew our shop from not a single account to quite a few and some nationally, international and many right in our vicinity. No one gave me a ready-made working business. Your puffing out your chest and saying what you're saying means little to nothing to me. In fact, it seems quite comical that you are here, arguing with the likes of little ol' me.

Adding my big mouth to your over inflated self made opinions of yourself are I guess equal, but since you make so much more money than me and everything you do is based off of being greedy, then I would only imagine, you are by far the only rich person here, since all of your facts are based upon greed and screwing your customers, while mine are based upon giving fair prices for quality work and fine craftsmanship based on 45 years of being in business. I can sleep easy at night, knowing all my bills are paid and all my equipment is paid for, the instant I purchase it. We have a nice line of credit, but don't need it. In fact, we have several of them with different banks.

Hey, thanks for wishing me good luck, but I think you'll need it more than me, so you can have it right back. And you sir, are the classic example of a pompous a$$ who doesn't know jack sh!t.

So, tell me SignMan, what brings you to these waters, since you have nothing to add but words with no meaning and lousy comprehension skills ??

SignMan2u

Yowsa, we got a live one, here.

SignMan, before you pop a gasket or go bonkers about what I write..... why don't you read what I wrote and try to understand..... comprehend, what I wrote, instead of getting all dramatic and making up your own story lines ?? Quite frankly, I'm not interested in your emotional outbursts of the insignificance of your fact findings and how they do not work or pertain to this thread.

I wasn't rude towards you or your answers. I was being honest. Your statistics, facts and what you wrote were just a buncha words, having no bearing whatsoever on this thread. It's as if you waited the 25 years you said it took you to compile this stuff and you blew your wad right here and now, but in an inappropriate situation.

I also don't care if you are a $500,000 or $5,000,000 a year company. The only difference between you and me would be how many commas are in front of the decimal. Same scenarios.

I grew our shop from not a single account to quite a few and some nationally, international and many right in our vicinity. No one gave me a ready-made working business. Your puffing out your chest and saying what you're saying means little to nothing to me. In fact, it seems quite comical that you are here, arguing with the likes of little ol' me.

Adding my big mouth to your over inflated self made opinions of yourself are I guess equal, but since you make so much more money than me and everything you do is based off of being greedy, then I would only imagine, you are by far the only rich person here, since all of your facts are based upon greed and screwing your customers, while mine are based upon giving fair prices for quality work and fine craftsmanship based on 45 years of being in business. I can sleep easy at night, knowing all my bills are paid and all my equipment is paid for, the instant I purchase it. We have a nice line of credit, but don't need it. In fact, we have several of them with different banks.

Hey, thanks for wishing me good luck, but I think you'll need it more than me, so you can have it right back. And you sir, are the classic example of a pompous a$$ who doesn't know jack sh!t.

So, tell me SignMan, what brings you to these waters, since you have nothing to add but words with no meaning and lousy comprehension skills ??
Hello Gino,
I see you still have nothing to offer the sign industry. Again, your choice of words are those of someone that works in production (and probably good at it) just wanting to do their job and collect a check, which is fine but, as a person on this site that is supposed to offer words that provide guidance and leadership, it seems that you use harsh and belittling words with nothing to add for advanced growth and methodology to others.

Your labeling of other sign companies is a perfect example and I see folks agree with me. I believe you earned the title of Pompous Ass with your post of "Don't be Greedy" Gino, I am merely the person that defended those here that know and operate their business successfully and they didn't wish to reply the the post you wrote. It was not good Gino and you brought this all on yourself by your post and then came the useless replies. In the last 10 years, I have visited over 160 sign manufacturing facilities throughout our nation and this is where I noticed a trend within the sign industry and why I became a national consultant, column writer for a national magazine and speaker for the ISA. How about you? What have you really done to benefit the sign industry? You don't have to answer that.

In closing, you say before I blow a gasket or go bonkers, well, it is a rare moment that someone's reply brings out the heat within me but, you did succeed and once in a while, I am allowed to write with a little fire. I am not a psychologist but, I am an educated business man and I do my best to give my best and I am one of the experts within the sign industry. My first reply was not rude, it was only direct with much info you could have used and gained from. Your attack allowed me to understand whom I was dealing with and therefore, I responded with a bit of a flare. I expected nothing other than the same from your second reply and you certainly didn't let me down. My original reply was professional, the second and this reply are personal and defensive. You have offended me with your behavior and we have nothing further to discuss as this drains far more positive energy that I wish to give to this discussion.

I do wish you much success.

Johnny Best

Wow, this post was intense. Started off with one of man's seven deadly sins, Greed. Had the return of JillBeans, Lust. Then ended up with two more, Pride and Anger.
It shows our industry is alive with good people, Four out of seven is not bad. Would say that was a really good day at the track for me.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
SignMan.... I guess my post #42 was another pigeon shoot wasted on you, huh ?? Went right over your head. Figures. :roflmao:

You just don't wanna play. Why not ?? There's so much to discuss and so little time. Except, for someone who is on here all the time, based upon your time of day posting, you must live here, too. How's that for such a big important person, as you told us you are countless times already..... happening ?? With all of your articles, books, businesses, singing engagements and whatnot..... how.... or better yet, why waste your valuable time with the likes of someone like me working on the 'Production Line' ?? You and I have gone back & forth since about the time you joined. Now, I know I'm crazy, but your insistence that you are this almighty and great business person..... Why on God's green earth are you constantly arguing with me ?? You do realize that is a sign [no pun] of being disturbed and nuts.... let alone insanity at it's finest.

:toasting:

spectrum maine

Few weeks ago I lost a long time client because of my high raping prices in his mind, job was to do 15 semi trailers to be lettered in Oracal 751 both sides at 3' x 10' plus a back door that was 3' x 4'
My prices were at $500 total including installation at his premises, and this would either be 1 trailer at a time or sometimes up to 5 at one given time. These are my best prices that i give to customers that have been with me for a long time, and I think that is low too, but one day he left and started saying that i was price raping him. Later on I found out that he got the same job for $200 less than me. Is there still profit to be made at $300 - yes, but is it a fair market price?
So, was I raping him or was I giving him a fair market price?
your price was incredibly low.