• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Sided Alignment on Flatbed Printer

Advertise IT

I am printing 24x18 yard signs on 4x8 coro using the epson sure color V7000. I am having trouble getting them to line up, I seem to be a 1/4 of an inch off each time. Any help on file set up for double sided printing?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What does it matter? You can't see both sides at once. Even if you could, unless you're punching holes in precise locations on the prints, so what?

Advertise IT

What does it matter? You can't see both sides at once. Even if you could, unless you're punching holes in precise locations on the prints, so what?
Because when I cut them apart they are not 24x18 don’t prefer to give them to a customer like that

Henrix Overcash

Make sure you are registering from the same corner. I'm not familiar with that printer but in theory make sure you are registering from the same corner (work and turn, not work and roll) for front and back. Print the front left side of printer then flip the sheet and print the back from the right side. As other have mentioned coro is not square but generally one of the long edges is concave and the other is convex so make sure you are feeding all the sheets the same.

Superior_Adam

if you are wanting it to be perfect the material has to be perfect. We print full sheets of "true cut" coro but is still not a perfect 48x96.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Specificaly regarding Coro, its never 48" x 96" there is always a slight deviation and the beginning sheet of each pallet needs to be accurately measured to do any level of front back registration. then the convex Bow on the Y becomes the Concave on the opposite side, so even if its a true flatbed that needs to be addressed in some way like deactivating the center registration pins. ( I am not sure if you can do this on the Epson or not)

ikarasu

We just butt the Coro together for jobs like this.

We buy it precut into 24 x 36, or 24 x 24.... Then it's always perfectly square. Butt them together on the flatbed, print them... Then cut them down to size after that.

Our supplier will cut to size for no charge since we buy so much Coro. You could probably even get them to cut them to 48 x 48.... And then you're just putting on 2 sheets.

It's a bit more labor.... But perfect alignment everytime. Half the time we order Coro one skid can be 48.5 x 96.5.... the next will be 48.4 x 96.2.... it's always oversized, but varies from skid to skid.... Not worth the hassle to deal with when doing multiple up, double sided.

Single sided isn't bad because you print on the left, bottom side.... Then use that as your square side. Cut everything 18" or however from that point and all signs will be the same size.

Last edited: