• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge FX foil tension issue

Clifford

The bottom edges of my foils have been leaving angled gaps or wrinkles on my 220 vinyl (newly purchased and several different roll-colors). It has been suggested that the tension from top to bottom is off which makes sense. Is this motherboard issue, a sprocket issue or head issue? The fact that it happens after about 2-3 feet into the job leans me toward a sprocket. Reading through past forums has not really discussed issues like the motherboard, sprocket or head being a cause. Also having the issue of the first color going down and the colors after being about 6 pix off which sounds like a motherboard. Any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated. -clifford

Signstein

I've seen issues like this when using the Edge2 to FX caddy adapters. The print run would be fine for a while and then would get small diagonal dash marks with no color. I could never figure it out, but I bet you're on to something with the sprockets. The adapters had a bit more slop to them, and I wonder if it was the loose fitment. Sorry - not a super helpful response, but I think you're on the right track.

Clifford

I've seen issues like this when using the Edge2 to FX caddy adapters. The print run would be fine for a while and then would get small diagonal dash marks with no color. I could never figure it out, but I bet you're on to something with the sprockets. The adapters had a bit more slop to them, and I wonder if it was the loose fitment. Sorry - not a super helpful response, but I think you're on the right track.
Thank you for the insight, I appreciate it.

Adam.Foster

The bottom edges of my foils have been leaving angled gaps or wrinkles on my 220 vinyl (newly purchased and several different roll-colors). It has been suggested that the tension from top to bottom is off which makes sense. Is this motherboard issue, a sprocket issue or head issue? The fact that it happens after about 2-3 feet into the job leans me toward a sprocket. Reading through past forums has not really discussed issues like the motherboard, sprocket or head being a cause. Also having the issue of the first color going down and the colors after being about 6 pix off which sounds like a motherboard. Any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated. -clifford
Foil wrinkles or unprinted marks are typically from foil thats not tracking straight or has been printed for many feet on 1 side of the foil. When the tension is different on the top of the foil vs the bottom it can get a twist that causes the wrinkles or chicken scratchs on the foil. Do you have any problems with a brand-new foil or only used foils?