• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson or Roland

JogjaSticker.id

Hello there, i'm now using mimaki jv150-160 and i found it difficult to achieve fluorescent color due to 4-colors limitation (CMYK). Sadly here in my country the Mimaki dealer didn't have ink supply for colors other than cmyk. Due to the limitation in my country, i only have 2 options that offer special ink: Epson SC-S80670 and Roland TrueVIS VG3. So i need opinion from you guys that might help me decide what printer should i choose next, thanks :)

CanuckSigns

Between those 2, I would get the Epson, however keep in mind that you still will not be able to print florescent colors as it's not possible on a standard digital printer, but the Epson will give you a much better colour gammet than you currently have

JogjaSticker.id

Between those 2, I would get the Epson, however keep in mind that you still will not be able to print florescent colors as it's not possible on a standard digital printer, but the Epson will give you a much better colour gammet than you currently have
Yeah i'm more into epson too. But i believe it's a 8 years old printer and Roland just released that series in 2022, is that a smart decision for 2024 to buy 8 years old printer? I'm affraid that if i buy epson s8 now,1-2 years later epson will release a new product:oops:

CanuckSigns

Yeah i'm more into epson too. But i believe it's a 8 years old printer and Roland just released that series in 2022, is that a smart decision for 2024 to buy 8 years old printer? I'm affraid that if i buy epson s8 now,1-2 years later epson will release a new product:oops:
I've had my s80600 for about 7 years, it still prints beautifully and I can get 3 full rolls of vinyl printed in a day if needed. We used to be a Roland only shop for years, but Roland screwed us around, if you do some searches on here you will see the recent Roland machines are plagued with issues.

Mr.Signboy

I've had my s80600 for about 7 years, it still prints beautifully and I can get 3 full rolls of vinyl printed in a day if needed. We used to be a Roland only shop for years, but Roland screwed us around, if you do some searches on here you will see the recent Roland machines are plagued with issues.
What issues have you seen with the Roland? We have 3 VG3-540’s that run all day without issue. I’m curious what other people are dealing with though.

UpAndPrinting

Printing flourescent colors using a standard home printer has been done many times before. It's highly specific but can be done.

DonutSlinger

We Have a VG2 that's been running for years without issues. The colors are great. Don't have experience with Epson but their pricing right now is convincing

Bxtr

I have ran a roland in the past I can't speak to how the newer ones are. But we are on our third Epson, soon to get a fourth and they print great and the maintenance schedule is simple.
The color gamut on the SC80600 is amazing, but I'm not sure about flourescent colors...