• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gray to white gradient issues

autoexebat

I did a CYMK color chart printout from Corel x7 and the grays were dead on and perfect . If I print a RGB color chart from Corel x7 I do get the pinkish . I posted a picture below , this is what I did yesturday .

https://image.ibb.co/kB9USF/help.jpg

help.jpgydMa

Last edited:

dypinc

I that case most likely you have a color management setting wrong. Probably your RGB input profile is not the correct one for the file your printing. Maybe you have AdobeRGB set but the file was create with sRGB working space or vice versa.

autoexebat

Interesting , I wish I had an answer for that ... , All I know if that I'm been printing this same file for 4 years and now I can't . I tried my other hard drive that I was first using with versa works on it and the outcome was the same . I never changed anything with the file or versa works so I'm baffled .

Barry Wright

I have a 2014 Roland Versacamm VS-300i with EcoSol Max II ink , When I try and print a Gray to White gradient it seem to turn out pinkish .. This wasn't the case months ago , Nothing has changed within my print files , ink , or material ... So I'm totally clueless of what to do .

Any ideas ?

It has to be the media calibration in combination with the file's profile or lack of one. Barry Yellowcase

autoexebat

I wish I knew , I pretty much gave up at this point . From day one I never setup a profile and I haven't changed the file . so It looks at if I'm out of options.

IsItFasst

I've had similar problems in which I thought it was a Flexisign issue but still not sure what caused it. I'll explain my situation. I was repeat printing files for customers over the years and always printed fine. Then one day when I went to print the exact same file color was off. It seemed that when I opened some certain file it had changed some of the color settings within the program and would constantly stay printing using those color setting that were wrong. Took me forever to figure this out but I finally just copied the old file into a new blank file and things started working as they should. I still don't know what caused this but that is how I fixed it. May be worth trying if you are not having issues printing other files.

Patentagosse

I walked thru this. 'Been forced to replace my printhead (VS-540). Still experiencing weird things here n' there but it improved the grays a li'l. On my side, even with the new head I'm still getting lighter strips random in my big solid color spots. Random is the key here. Sometimes I can print dark colors 52in by 7ft w/o any issue and then BAM! here's the strip (1/2" to 1" wide) and back to business 'til the next sh*t. Dealer has no idea what causes that.

autoexebat

Thanks for the reply , My only and I say ONLY issue is GRAY to WHITE , everything else is dead on , beautiful colors .

Sylgour

We have printed wrap files on our Roland VP-540 with EcoSol Max recently that looked purple-pink even though they needed to be black-white. Taking the print out of the production room into daylight brought the colors back to normal. Freaky at best.

Joe House

Unless you're printing the gradient with black ink only, your grays (and other colors, but greys tend to show it more) will be subject to Metarmerism - where the lighting conditions will affect the perceived color. Always evaluate your prints in the light that they will be viewed under - e.g. daylight, flourescent, incandescent - they all have a different color curve.

autoexebat

Any chance a Cap Top can cause this issue ? Tonight I've spent 3-4 hours printing gray for a big job . I can't get it .. All other colors are flawless . I would think my LK print cartridge would be a lot of help but it's not .

shoresigns

I don't know if this helps, but it sounds like you think that spot colours can't be used for gradients. They certainly can—you just have to have the same spot colour on both ends, which it seems would be useful to you in this case. For example, if you want a gradient from Roland BK12 (medium grey) to white, you just set BK12 on both ends, but change the density to 0% (not the opacity) on the end that you want to be white.

Also, you technically can print a gradient from one spot colour to another, but it usually won't give the results you want. CMYK or RGB will usually better in those scenarios.