• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to turn off auto feed and length detection on a Summa s2 140 t series

gabagoo

I need to turn all that stuff the plotter does every time you put a new roll in and also the feeding out of material after you have identified the first reg mark.
Anyone know if it is even possible?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
When it does it while detecting marks and cutting - you want that feature. It somewhat slowly unrolls the additional material to the full length of the job so that while it is advancing when cutting or locating the next mark it is not jerking against the weight of the roll which can cause slipping and not finding the next mark or the actual cutting being off.

The other one I think unrolls like 75% of the detected width when first loading a roll - like a 48" roll will unroll around 36" and then back it back again to the start. This one while slightly annoying (its going to prefeed for the job anyways) has never really bothered me much.

I did have one guy that worked for me somehow set it to sheet mode and then put a roll on and freaked out when it tried to unroll the entire roll. lol

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Easy fix for this one - Launch Cutter Control, scroll to Autoload, set that to off and hit apply. Autoload the measuring process you described, and you can turn that on and off as needed. Just keep in mind that when you turn that off, the cutter will not read back the material size to the software, so you won't know if your file is too big for the cutting area.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com

vondegroot

Too bad you couldn't adjust the percentage, rather than completely disable it: /
I do enjoy the auto-load feature. None of my Roland cutters did that.

gabagoo

Easy fix for this one - Launch Cutter Control, scroll to Autoload, set that to off and hit apply. Autoload the measuring process you described, and you can turn that on and off as needed. Just keep in mind that when you turn that off, the cutter will not read back the material size to the software, so you won't know if your file is too big for the cutting area.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com
The reason I am asking is that something strange happened when I went to print 8x 18" x 24" signs. I ripped the file with all 8 on the page and as it was printing I sometimes look at the percentage of print processed and when I did this time I also saw that somehow the prod manager was set for 60 copies. By the time I realized it, the printer had almost completed the first set and the only set I needed, so I waited to see where the registration mark would be on the last foot or so on the print and realized I needed to let it start printing the second set so I could have a registration mark for the plotter to read at the end of the first 8 pieces. Once it printed that mark ( about 6" into the next print, I aborted the print and kept the cut file. So at this point I am trying to save the job, but I ran a test to see if the plotter would just see the marks on the first set, but it wants all 60 sets and gave me an error. I am not sure I can fool the cutter into just cutting the first set at this point. In the past when stuff like this happens I usually abort the job, keep the print and then send out a new print job, but just don't print it, but use the cut file to save the original print...it won't work on this one as the registration marks go beyond the first initial set. No big deal to reprint, but I was just curious if I could fool the plotter.