• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oce 360GT Flatbed - Printhead Issues

capetownSA

Hi all,

We bought a Oce 360GT uv flatbed about 2 years ago, we have had a good few issues with this machine from the date of purchasing. My current issue is that the white printhead has failed again after 1 year of replacement under warranty. The ink used is NUtec Digital Ink (https://nutecdigital.com/) in South Africa and has been showing nozzles and curing issues. The amount of white printing we were doing for the month of Feb 2024 into March 2024 was good. I ordered a new bottle of white ink and the date of expiry was Feb 2025. It was strange because the ink bought in Feb 2024 had an expiration date of June 2024. The service technicians flushed the printhead but there was so much build up within the printhead as if it was clogging with tackiness. Maybe I'm speaking out of league, is there someone that can give advice on what the issue is and how we can avoid having to replace printheads. What are the original Oce inks?

Technician

Drive it hard
Hi all,

We bought a Oce 360GT uv flatbed about 2 years ago, we have had a good few issues with this machine from the date of purchasing. My current issue is that the white printhead has failed again after 1 year of replacement under warranty. The ink used is NUtec Digital Ink (https://nutecdigital.com/) in South Africa and has been showing nozzles and curing issues. The amount of white printing we were doing for the month of Feb 2024 into March 2024 was good. I ordered a new bottle of white ink and the date of expiry was Feb 2025. It was strange because the ink bought in Feb 2024 had an expiration date of June 2024. The service technicians flushed the printhead but there was so much build up within the printhead as if it was clogging with tackiness. Maybe I'm speaking out of league, is there someone that can give advice on what the issue is and how we can avoid having to replace printheads. What are the original Oce inks?
When they changed printhead first time. Did they check circulation system works properly?

Do you take out white ink bag and shake/mix it every day? This is mandatory of oem ink.

if you’re experiencing curing problems, make sure you have fresh lamps bulb and clean glass on your UV lamps and

Contacts your ink supplier and make them take responsibility.

There are several different original oce ink to that machine. Each one with different characteristics. Most common when I’m is IJC257 it’s a good compromise of them all.

The experience I have to other customers trying other ink then original has regretted it and get an expensive experience. But that is only my experience.

Good luck

capetownSA

The white ink comes in 1lt bottles. (system is changed to a bottle system 2l on the cmyk and white 1ltr) Yes it gets shaken everyday. Don't think they have checked the circulation system. Not sure that if the machine has a circulation system.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Oce's have a circulation system for white, all printers that use white inks have them. White inks have have a lot of pigment, and will settle in the lines if they're not circulated, which sounds like it could possibly cause your problem.