• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oki 900 Series

DERI

Hi Guys,

Does anyone own any of the Oki 900 series? If so, what are your experiences with them? Any particular projects or types of media / signage you use the 900 series for specifically? where is the best place to purchase media for this machine?

Thank you in advance

Deri

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I actually have a 931, 941, and a 942 since we are dealers. The 931 is the most widely sold unit to the largest beverage company in our industry, they use it for table tents, bottle toppers, keg toppers, and tons of cooler door decals and shelf strips. It also has the largest throughput of any laser printer in the market, it will take 13"x52" sheets.

I personally do not like the 941, it does a crappy job laying down the white, it's great for clear coat but I see more applications where white is more desired. The 942 is my personal favorite, the colors it does with the white ink on colored substrates is pretty cool for things like invitations and specialty advertising. I believe it is Sprouts or Trader Joes that has implemented the 942 in all their locations to use for their small format advertising in store.

I have a pretty extensive line of pre-cut templates for table tents and what not that I can email you so you can see what is available.

DERI

I actually have a 931, 941, and a 942 since we are dealers. The 931 is the most widely sold unit to the largest beverage company in our industry, they use it for table tents, bottle toppers, keg toppers, and tons of cooler door decals and shelf strips. It also has the largest throughput of any laser printer in the market, it will take 13"x52" sheets.

I personally do not like the 941, it does a crappy job laying down the white, it's great for clear coat but I see more applications where white is more desired. The 942 is my personal favorite, the colors it does with the white ink on colored substrates is pretty cool for things like invitations and specialty advertising. I believe it is Sprouts or Trader Joes that has implemented the 942 in all their locations to use for their small format advertising in store.

I have a pretty extensive line of pre-cut templates for table tents and what not that I can email you so you can see what is available.

Thanks for this...How well would the C931 do with Short runs of about 3000 to 4000 flyers or brochures?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks for this...How well would the C931 do with Short runs of about 3000 to 4000 flyers or brochures?

I think you will be more than happy with doing those with this unit. I wouldn't do many more than that though.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks..... Hoping to Buy one from you guys next week or two.

That's great, I was just talking with Jordan and then it dawned on me lol. You will be happy with the machine and if you have any beverage companies around you it will be even better!