• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 6.0, edge II communication problem

bigben

So I have omega 6.0 with a gerber edge II. I'm trying to make a print and I have a communication error message. I run it on windows 11 and using a usb to parallel adaptor. Last time I use the setup (around a year ago) I was running this setup on a windows 8 machine without any problem. I've installed the usb to parallel driver. I'm almost certain it as something to do with the usb adaptor but I can't remember what. I've run out of idea to what looking for. Does anyone can help me with this?

Thank you.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 98

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Those adapters are very finicky. If you plug them in before installing the driver, you can load a generic Windows driver that will want to take over. If you've loaded the latest driver, you could try using a different USB port and it might load the correct driver. If not, I spent about 30 minutes watching a GSP support tech remotely remove the wrong driver and install the correct one before we could get it to work.

Good Luck