• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remove Double Sided Tape

Marlene

we had a sign removal in a mall that has a tiled soffit. the sign was held up with a ton of double sided tape, the kind with the foam. the mall wants up to remove all the tape from the soffit. we have rapid remover that works fine on gummy stuff but the foam is in the way of it getting to gummy part. anyone have a good way to get this stuff off? thanks

Marlene

razor blades can dig up or scratch the tiles, anyone ever try one of those rubber wheels made to strip vinyl? would that work?

gabagoo

steamer!!! I had to remove a pile of foam double sided tape on a display we had screwed up and the steamer made it so easy.

visual800

Try rolling it off. Sometimes that works, it hell on your fingers and hands but it works sometimes. Roll it like it came off the roll

JohnBFryJr

GASOLINE. Just kidding. Man I need to get a steamer. My hired help will ruin something quick with a razor. Then blame it on the substrate or weather.

JR's

upload_2017-4-27_9-0-9.jpeg

petepaz

i have the rubber wheel aka: the vinyl zapper and it might be too aggressive for this application but if you have one i would test a small area first. steamer should help but you will still need to scrape off the tape. still going with the plastic razor blades or maybe a lil' chisler. just be gentle and don't dig in