• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SC545 - No Cyan or Magenta?

rory_thomas

Hey guys.

I printed some signs last week and noticed there was magenta ink down the side of the printed vinyl which wasn't meant to be there.

I then done a test print and the magenta and cyan is barely showing up on the print. I'll add some pictures to show.

I tried cleaning group a print heads, medium then powerful cleans multiple times.
Done a head wash, maintenance clean still no good.
I then syringed the ink from the dampers as the ink levels were a lot lower than the other colors. After this both colours showed up on a test print a lot better 60% or so.

But when I print something and it uses the ink in the dampers it goes back to square one not showing up on a test print and no visible cyan or Magenta printing?

I checked the ink pumps and they are all working fine I can see them spinning.

Any help much appreciated!

Thank you.

Attachments

• 1502789654525237892320.jpg
    1502789654525237892320.jpg
    979.7 KB · Views: 237

Joe House

have you replaced the cap tops? also check to make sure that none of the tubing under the caps has come disconnected.
Also, just because the pump is spinning, doesn't equate to "working fine" if the tube is worn through inside the pump, it can spin all day long and not suck a drop of ink.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

rory_thomas

have you replaced the cap tops? also check to make sure that none of the tubing under the caps has come disconnected.
Also, just because the pump is spinning, doesn't equate to "working fine" if the tube is worn through inside the pump, it can spin all day long and not suck a drop of ink.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply!

I bought the machine second hand about 10 months ago. It had new print heads installed when I got it not sure about caps, I've ordered some online which should be here by the end of the week.

I just had another look and I can see when it's cleaning, the motor is pulling ink through the tube, it looks like it's just cyan from what I can see. I disconnected the tubes from the ink motor tube and I can pull ink through it from cyan and magenta so both lines are connected.

It must be the caps?

I presume my print heads are okay as they work when I syringe the ink from the dampers?

rory_thomas

Little update.

New dampers and caps arrived, replaced the 4 caps and both dampers on the cyan and magenta which I'm having problems with. Done two cleaning cycles and the ink still didn't come through. Both cyan and magenta dampers are empty. I then thought it must be the ink motor. Since I'm only using 4 colors instead of the original 6, I changed the motor that was not in use with the cyan and magenta motor. Still no difference! Don't know what to do now. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated guys

rory_thomas

Just turned on the machine again and refilled inks. Seems to be back to normal today! Must have been the caps or dampers. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday but did today but I wont complain!

Esmond

Just turned on the machine again and refilled inks. Seems to be back to normal today! Must have been the caps or dampers. Not sure why it didn't work yesterday but did today but I wont complain!
What print quality are you getting? I have the same machine, and same set up only CMYK, but not achieving good quality prints.