• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Test Print is way off! Please Help

jbarrio

So I ran a test print (attached pics) seems like its all off and nothing is lining up.
images are coming out blurry and not crisp.

I have adjusted the Bi-Directional settings, that didnt help. I am going to go buy some alcohol to clean the encoder strip.

other than those 2 ideas, i dunno what else it could be.

thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_7226.JPG
    IMG_7226.JPG
    996.4 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_7229.JPG
    IMG_7229.JPG
    768.1 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_7228.JPG
    IMG_7228.JPG
    692.6 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_7227.JPG
    IMG_7227.JPG
    689.1 KB · Views: 272

rjssigns

So I ran a test print (attached pics) seems like its all off and nothing is lining up.
images are coming out blurry and not crisp.

I have adjusted the Bi-Directional settings, that didnt help. I am going to go buy some alcohol to clean the encoder strip.

other than those 2 ideas, i dunno what else it could be.

thanks!!

If cleaning the encoder strip doesn't work it may be the encoder sensor. No worries though as it costs about 35 bucks and takes a couple minutes to install.
If cleaning the encoder strip helps but it doesn't completely clear the issue you can flip the encoder strip over. And while you have it out check it with a loupe to make sure the lines are nice and solid with no scratches or clear spots.

If you have to replace the strip it's another easy job. Generic strips are dirt cheap you just have to trim them. IIRC I paid less than 20 bucks for mine.

Toby

If cleaning the encoder strip doesn't work it may be the encoder sensor. No worries though as it costs about 35 bucks and takes a couple minutes to install.
If cleaning the encoder strip helps but it doesn't completely clear the issue you can flip the encoder strip over. And while you have it out check it with a loupe to make sure the lines are nice and solid with no scratches or clear spots.

If you have to replace the strip it's another easy job. Generic strips are dirt cheap you just have to trim them. IIRC I paid less than 20 bucks for mine.
I use a Mimaki and if the head bumps (OR) I raise or lower the print head, I MUST re-align the head for pixel location or perhaps (Ink Drop location) this misalignment will make things FUZZY and not crisp. At least on my unit!