• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Ink printing: which one is hands down the best?

tedbragg

I'd like to replace our XR-640 -- its white ink system leaves a LOT to be desired (plus it's slow as a glacier), but have yet to find which brands/types of printer tech to go with. What say ye?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Never used white in our XR-640, tried it in the Epson S80600, that was a pain and underwhelming.
Not that this helps the op, but when we got the agfa Annapurna it was a game changer and we use the white a lot now. No changing over, and it works great.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Colorado’s white ink is just a 5th color. Hardly any separate maintenance. Additional heat up time but it’s pretty much all automatic.

damonCA21

Definitely avoid solvent white if you can. It kills printers and unless you are printing loads with it every day, then ends up costing a fortune in the maintenance

jharler

I went with the Epson SureColor s80600 (ecosolvent) with white and have been happy with the white printing I've done with it. It's very low maintenance, just needing the white cartridge shaken on a daily basis. It does go through the white ink faster than the other colors for the cleaning cycles and the ink is more expensive. I haven't experienced any fading or any post-printing problems with it, but I've only had it since May.

dudeinthemoon

I'd like to replace our XR-640 -- its white ink system leaves a LOT to be desired (plus it's slow as a glacier), but have yet to find which brands/types of printer tech to go with. What say ye?
Mimaki UCJV300 - cheaper than most famous competitors and highly reliable, if well maintained will be printing as brand new at least 3-4 years

Joel golden

Talk to your sales rep and have them put some
Printed files in your hands for your eyeballs to see! I just went through this process and needed up going with a HP. Solvent white was underwhelming and the horror stories of maintenance and waste made me appreciate the latex that much more. Not a fan of the yellowing I’ve seen with UV white… that’s my take but make those sales guys work!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Mimaki UCJV300 - cheaper than most famous competitors and highly reliable, if well maintained will be printing as brand new at least 3-4 years
Yeah we've had ours for about 4 years and still going strong. Don't use white lots but when we do it's there and ready for us. Surprisingly the white nozzles all come back after a quick clean, despite rarely firing those channels.