• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you hire me at this price?

UberDapr

I quoted this wall mural/FCO install at $2,268. That includes drive time/mileage.
***I am only installing! I did not produce or print artwork. And did not cut acrylic letters

Mural 1 Cimarron" measures 126"× 168.5"
Mural 2 "Cherry Creek" measures 104" × 166"
FCOs are installed with Quick Snap mounting which will be done on site after I complete murals.
I will be using all my own tools and ladder.

(There is another half of the job, but I haven't quoted that for lack of details)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230907_184309_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_184309_OneDrive.jpg
    636.9 KB · Views: 271
  • Screenshot_20230907_184250_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_184250_OneDrive.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_20230907_184226_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230907_184226_OneDrive.jpg
    893.9 KB · Views: 203

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I know nothing about installing let alone pricing. That said........
I can think of a few successful sign installers on this forum that would charge more. A lot more.
So, answer to your question... they might hire you at that price and still make money.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Is this Client retail or wholesale (Sub for a trade shop?). If retail you are low, if Wholesale you may be a bit high.

Most SAV vinyl installers are between $1.50 and $5/sq... Then that Acrylic copy would be about 2-3 hours each at a slow pace which most installers charge between $75-100/hr from my experience. As for the retail side, you should be able to get 30-50% more than what you quoted.

UberDapr

Is this Client retail or wholesale (Sub for a trade shop?). If retail you are low, if Wholesale you may be a bit high.

Most SAV vinyl installers are between $1.50 and $5/sq... Then that Acrylic copy would be about 2-3 hours each at a slow pace which most installers charge between $75-100/hr from my experience. As for the retail side, you should be able to get 30-50% more than what you quoted.
Wholesale. A guy I've worked with prior took this job on but will be out of town so hes forwarding it to me. He asked for a price and at $8 a sq/ft I feel I'm within reasonable ball park. But I also don't know what he charged.

Although I'm VERY new at pricing and job costing I do know what other shops go for in my area. $14- $18sq/ft to print and lam. Plus an hourly for install which is typically around what you said $75 - $150 /hr for 1 guy.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Wholesale. A guy I've worked with prior took this job on but will be out of town so hes forwarding it to me. He asked for a price and at $8 a sq/ft I feel I'm within reasonable ball park. But I also don't know what he charged.

Although I'm VERY new at pricing and job costing I do know what other shops go for in my area. $14- $18sq/ft to print and lam. Plus an hourly for install which is typically around what you said $75 - $150 /hr for 1 guy.
For an installation only Job... I would think that the pricing would have more to do with time, and equipment than square footage.

UberDapr

For an installation only Job... I would think that the pricing would have more to do with time, and equipment than square footage.
For vinyl I feel charging sq ft is easier and gives me more buck for my bang. For channel letters or FCOs then I like to charge hourly.

Again I'm new at taking my own bids so I'm just going on what I feel benefits me the most right now.

ikarasu

We charge per sqft for install. $8 is pretty high though ... We're usually in the $10-12 range for print and install.... But everyone is different, that's what the going price is here where you can't throw a rock without hitting 2 sign shops.

Think about it as per piece. it's 39 sqft - that's $325 to lay one panel. Laying all 4 is about an hour to an hour and a half work... So $1300 for an hour or two of work.

If it were a complicated install, or a vehicle or something, I could see it being more per sqft. But flat walls, you're probably a bit high. But again.... Every area is different. You may be good for your area.

Sqft is standard for install though - I can install a wall graphic twice as fast as our "installer" can. Everyone works at different rates and are good at different things. Plus, if you pay an installer by the hour instead of by the job.... He's going to work half as fast and get twice as much pay .

Last edited:

damonCA21

I would say for install only jobs you would normally charge an hourly or daily rate. If you think the job will take you a day and a half, charge for two full days and base the price on that and that would include travel time.

$1100 a day sounds quite a lot to be honest

ikarasu

I just checked, we have an installer that we use who only does installs for sign companies, our last wall mural project you charged $4 a square foot. He did 5 10 ft by 10 ft walls, he finished them all in one somewhat long day, but made $2,000.

Being that you're only doing two walls you should be higher, but probably not double

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
I feel like I must be charging way to little or something as I usually add $3-4 for installation. For instance we did a 300sqft wall last week, GF 226HTR wall fabric, it took 3 hours with one person off an on assisting between putting up a few other graphics on at the site. We ended up around $9 for printing and installation which seemed pretty good for a job that took $500 in materials, 2 hours to print and cut up (1 person on our Epson and Zund) and then 3 hours to install.

I'd really like to bring out prices up as our overhead right now is crazy but this pricing already seemed pretty high. Are people really getting $14+ for printing and then installation on top of that (granted that comment about the $14+ was for print and lam versus the wall fabric we used).

Christian @ 2CT Media

I feel like I must be charging way to little or something as I usually add $3-4 for installation. For instance we did a 300sqft wall last week, GF 226HTR wall fabric, it took 3 hours with one person off an on assisting between putting up a few other graphics on at the site. We ended up around $9 for printing and installation which seemed pretty good for a job that took $500 in materials, 2 hours to print and cut up (1 person on our Epson and Zund) and then 3 hours to install.

I'd really like to bring out prices up as our overhead right now is crazy but this pricing already seemed pretty high. Are people really getting $14+ for printing and then installation on top of that (granted that comment about the $14+ was for print and lam versus the wall fabric we used).
We get about that here in AZ. Being from Hawaii myself, you really need to raise your rates.

unmateria

Wow... In spain i thing that would be the price even producing all (maybe still high). Hopefully life is cheaper here!