Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mose, already have images in my head for the water fountain! Won't be beer though. The fridge is in the other lounge area where the couches and tv area will be! So much to do, so impatient I am...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SignManiac View Post
    So much to do, so impatient I am...
    Inspired, not impatient!

What a wonderful playground, I would never see my old man or son again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love seeing your progress on this project. It's inspiring me to get moving on decorating some rooms in the house I just bought... after re-doing the yard, exterior, and everything else that needs redone, of course.

Keep up the great work! Thanks for the share/updates!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well for me the hardest part was finally deciding on a theme. I didn't want to do the typical Nascar, 50's diner, or sports themes, I've never been into any of that. Once the light bulb went off for the steam punk theme, I knew it was going to be a lot of fun and allow me to go creatively nuts.

Good luck on coming up with an original theme. I'm sure there are many others to choose from, but I'm not socially adept when it comes to mainstream trends! Just make sure it's fun when you do yours.

Post Thanks / Like

Minor update

Took advantage of Christmas eve and Christmas day off to finish another project from the man cave list. Old plain, no character french doors to the new steam punkish appropriate ones. The door faces are direct printed on 1/8" pvc and the door jam header and legs are phototex wraps. Only another forty projects to go!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-french-doors-jpg   The Man Cave project-french-doors-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work!

College Freshman AceSignsOnline's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great stuff! I'm not gonna lie... I'm just a tad bit envious. Your man cave exudes a certain amount of badassery that is more than enough to make me a little jealous.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    did you print the doors on your flatbed ? thats a sweet retreat

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Ace and Studio. The doors had glass panels so I direct printed the faux doors on 1/8" pvc with our flatbed printer and glued them to the framework of the old doors. It wouldn't have worked just printing over the glass framework.

Post Thanks / Like
    Squeezed in one more project before the end of the year. I was given a wireless speaker for a gift from a friend and this was a good place to put it. So I wanted to dress up the opening a little. I had a sheet of black on black polymetal from a couple of years ago and this was a good use for it. I created a geometric pattern and modified it to work around the speaker. It looks very unique I guess you could say.

The first photo shows the rough opening to the left of the cue sticks on the wall, the second one with the window framed in, and the third one finished.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-pass-thru-window-00-jpg   The Man Cave project-pass-thru-window-01-jpg   The Man Cave project-pass-thru-window-02-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    In my best Jackie Gleason voice......... ohhhhh, how saweet it is !!

The Man Cave project-sweet-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Recent New Years day additions. Full foosball table wrap, gear wall piece that will be a wall clock. I'm waiting on an antique brass clock face to show up. And a custom wall storage wrack for my ping pong paddles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-foosball-table-jpg   The Man Cave project-wall-clock-jpg   The Man Cave project-img_2276-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    This place is crazy neat...... and then some.

I just had a flashback and thought I'd share. Ya have all those neat games and toys...... and it looks like there's gonna be a lota after hours fun and partying. If I remember correctly, you have a fridge somewhere which will hold all the libations and suds. You'll probably stock this place well. If memory serves me, those conditions sometimes need carpeting on the floor to take the hurt out of falling or dropping your head too close to the floor, especailly a hardwood floor. Are you gonna put some soft things on the floor to cushion hefty party animals ?? Or just kick/sweep/roll 'em back to the bay area and let 'em figure it out in the morning ??

The Man Cave project-gino-gif

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct Gino :) I'm going to put in some leather couches in the lounge area for those to drunk to stand up. They can just fall onto the couch! I can't afford to risk the liability :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just another update. Got the wainscoting and chair rail up last weekend and will finish base board this coming weekend. Here's my concept for the shuffleboard table restoration. I'll refinish all the wood and shoot with a Matthews satin black. Digital print the copper metal design. and applique the scroll work down the sides in routed 1/8" PVC. I plan to plane down the top of the maple board to bare wood and v-carve the scoring numbers and lines back into the surface. After that I'll seal it and wax it. There's an electronic score board that plan to redo and install as well.

It's all just smoke and mirrors cosmetic but from a distance it should look pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-shuffleboard-table-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffleboard-table-02-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffleboard-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so I just finished my shuffleboard restoration project. Here are a couple of before and after photos along with my faux truss room dividers. I took the entire table apart, sanded and painted the tray and rails. The scrolls are Matthews metallic copper. The metal sides are UV flatbed printed tiles on brushed aluminum polymetal. I fabricated the shell design trapazoid pieces. I made and upholstered the inside tray liners. I resurfaced the solid wood playing surface on the router table then stained it a deep ebony. Sanded and clear coated the entire board after fill in the carved score lines and numbers. I used brass tacks along the side and top rails to give it some added dimensional details.

It was a fun project and really is the centerpiece of my man cave!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-shuffleboard-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffle-01-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffle-2-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffle-3-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffle-4-jpg   The Man Cave project-shuffle-5-jpg  

The Man Cave project-shuffle-6-jpg   The Man Cave project-truss-01-jpg   The Man Cave project-truss-02-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Almost too nice looking to put wax on.

Read that comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Silicone spray!

Post Thanks / Like
    Another flawless addition to your Man Cave. Seriously, how do you muster the will to leave that room??

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm actually spending more time in the evenings in it. I do an open house on Thursday nights and the other nights I just go and shoot pool for an hour or so to keep my game sharp. I just acquired a 2005 Golden Tee arcade game that I will also trick out. But won't get to that until I finish my next two projects. The antique parlor stove and then my Brunswick pool table. I'm taking a month break so I can just enjoy playing in it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too cool. Great work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, it's therapy for me. Here's a pick of the Golden Tee. I'm gonna ruin it too and turn it into some form of steam punk design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-goldentee2005-tournament-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Go for it! There's a lot of empty surface to have fun with. Can't wait to see it!

Post Thanks / Like

Recent update

My latest project update that I worked on over Thanksgiving. About 2k s.f. of embossed tin ceiling panels. This stuff has really sharp edges and being overly confident of my skills and refusing to wear gloves, gave me a few minor slices here and there. The grid is currently white but I'm going to paint them all black over Christmas to finish it off. Next is my antique parlor stove. I have it taken apart and will sandblast it down to bare metal, then shoot it with a jade green hi-temp paint. I'm changing all the bright work from nickle to copper when its done.

Hard to believe I'm two years into this project and still not half way near finished!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Man Cave project-cave-ceiling-jpg   The Man Cave project-parlor-stove-03-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.
    Love the lighter pool table
    Nice work on decorating
    Dennis

Design, Embroidery, Screen printing, Sublimation, Vinyl
    Follow us www.instagram.com/DKgrafixLimited

Post Thanks / Like

Bad ( Y )

I'm jealous

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, don't be jealous. This has turned into one of those relationships where you realize it's getting pretty heavy but you know you can't get out of it. This could be a long, long, addiction for someone like me!

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a big rusty gear hanging on the wall.... wink wink....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SignManiac View Post
    My latest project update that I worked on over Thanksgiving. About 2k s.f. of embossed tin ceiling panels. This stuff has really sharp edges and being overly confident of my skills and refusing to wear gloves, gave me a few minor slices here and there. The grid is currently white but I'm going to paint them all black over Christmas to finish it off. Next is my antique parlor stove. I have it taken apart and will sandblast it down to bare metal, then shoot it with a jade green hi-temp paint. I'm changing all the bright work from nickle to copper when its done.

Hard to believe I'm two years into this project and still not half way near finished!!

Wow, did you router/cnc those panels for the faux tin ceiling.... or is it an actual tin ceiling ??

Our family room has that effect, but it's faux embossed and was painted to look authentic. It's a really neat look to a ceiling.

Neat looking potbelly stove.

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about doing that tiling on my ceiling in my new house, this makes me want it even more. How hard was the install?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast