Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a drone, and its fun to fly that thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Msrae View Post
    It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. Attachment 118012Attachment 118011
    Love the color! I'm with you on the tired red or black classics. And there's a lot of cool colors from the 60's/70's that you don't see often. that's what I'd go with if I was restoring/modding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JJGraphics View Post
    I like the MG in the background! I have one of those, except I put a V8 in mine. :)
    They have several fun cars in there. A V8 in an MG? that thing must haul ***! Do you take it to a local track?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a box of chocolates and a card with a 20 dollar bill, ..from a customer.

Post Thanks / Like
    A gift for our kids, installed a 20'x16' indoor rock climbing wall in our home.
    Read that comment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow-wee...... who was the customer ?? Forrest Gump ?? Ya just never know what yer gonna get.

Everybody should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink

Merchant Member to the Trade

Post Thanks / Like
    i also got a $25 gift card from signs365 which was the coolest thing i ever got in business Christmas card

PhD
    Post Thanks / Like
    It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. Attachment 118012Attachment 118011
    VERY NICE!!

Love the color, good call going with something different.

Premium Subscriber Kottwitz-Graphics's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ddarlak View Post
    i also got a $25 gift card from signs365 which was the coolest thing i ever got in business Christmas card
    I did too...

I forgot about the camper that my wife and I got for each other. We got a 21' Travelstar with 3 fold out beds. I kinda wanted one with a slide out, but they weigh significantly more, and I didn't want to push the towing capacity of my Dakota..

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a Costco/Snap-On led work light and some Alpena LED pods for the F350. Took the better part of three days to fab the mounts and do the wiring for the Alpena LED's. Everything soldered, shrunk wrapped and loomed. Haven't had a chance to try the little retina burners yet. S'posed to be 1400 lumens each.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ddarlak View Post
    I received a $25 gift card from them also, sweet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Among other things a $825 water heater.

College Sophomore Graphic Destruction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got to see my 69 Cougar out of the paint booth with a new shiny coat of paint. I've been waiting 5 years for it to happen so to finally see it getting completed is a pretty great gift (even if it is just a gift to myself)
    I know all about long projects. I got some parts for my 71 bronco that I've been working on for 18 years. Going to install them next week. I am finally at the point where I can say I should be driving it as a shop truck pretty regularly this summer. Coolest sign shop truck in the area!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-20161228_205558-jpg  

College Sophomore Primal Decals's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a drill press to build me an ar15..built my first one already..

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife and I (and most of the family) quit doing presents years ago, except for the kids. It is amazing just watching the kids open presents and playing with them.

Of course my mother and mother-in-law have to do the standard gift of clothes. I am 48 and have been married for 27 years. They still get my clothes in the wrong sizes.

AND...would someone send mfatty500 (post #25) some alum and starch?

GRAPHIC DESTRUCTION: My first vehicle was a '74 Bronco, full cab. My father bought it for me when I was 15, for $1700. I spent the next year and all of my $4000 in savings to rebuild it. 302, power steering and automatic with both differentials locked. That thing would climb a phone pole if it had claws. I sometimes wish I still had it, and then I remember how rough it rode and I have grown quite fond of A/C. The dual cherry bombs were a real blast but now I prefer to be able to hear myself think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally finished this beauty in our front office. A friend gave me the booth itself, but it didn't have the phone. Bought one off ebay that was refurbed and works on a modern line. Put an led light in the top instead of replacing the old florescent lamps. Now I want to install a scene of an old local downtown street behind the glass.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-1a-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    That is really neat. Do you know if Superman ever changed in that one ??

Everybody should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink

Merchant Member to the Trade

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, I've seen that a few times, a Superman costume hung in an old phone booth....I'm sticking with the vintage theme, I've got an old penny scale & hand painted glass signs from my grandfathers drugstore, plus some other old local stuff that we have on display.

Premium Subscriber jsmoritz2000's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got 5.1 surround sound for the living room TV set, 5 new vinyl LP's, a couple new video games, and a few other odds and ends. Me and the wife and her family still spoil each other as well as the kids. You guys that got to go snowboarding make me jealous. I used to live on the ski hills and mountains out west until I ran into health issues that make riding much harder to enjoy these days and just slightly more dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like
    2016 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 650b ... Awesome bike, love shredin the trails.

Vasque Breeze III Mid GTX Hiking Boots ... Gotta love the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

JBL Cinema SB400 Soundbar with Subwoofer ... Incredible sound system, thundering base.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-untitled-4-copy-jpg   Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-156d2f6d-c78d-44c5-a206-481b931a84c2-jpg   Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-_57-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    This seriously made me laugh out loud. I feel about the same as you do with these things, but my son was begging for one (he has been watching the DRL (Drone Racing League) and now wants to be a professional drone racer).... I gave in and got him one. Yeah, given how it is going so far - he has a long way to go.
    One button is supposed to make it take off and hover, peacefully. But I must be accidentally selecting the one that tells it to erratically seek and destroy all carbon based life forms in the room. Or at least the curtains. Fortunately the rechargeable battery only seems to last eight seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmoritz2000 View Post
    I got 5.1 surround sound for the living room TV set, 5 new vinyl LP's, a couple new video games, and a few other odds and ends. Me and the wife and her family still spoil each other as well as the kids. You guys that got to go snowboarding make me jealous. I used to live on the ski hills and mountains out west until I ran into health issues that make riding much harder to enjoy these days and just slightly more dangerous.
    I know it's not the same, but are you able to go tubing at least? Or is that not an option where you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    A huge Pestle and Mortar.

Post Thanks / Like
    I adopted a cat and named him Locutus of Borg

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 20oz beer glasses and 24 beer.....just the wife and I.....you do the math

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife got me a $100 gift card to AmericanMuscle & stepson a $50 gift card. Now what to spend it on? I have a 2002 Mustang GT with a ton of bolt-ons. Over 200 trips down the local 1/8th mile track.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgvginc View Post
    My wife continues her long term plan to slowly drive me insane by getting me an RC Drone. I hate it. It doesn't like me. If I ever get control of it, I'm chasing her around the house with it. Shooting video all the way.
    got one for my brother in-law, it's up a tree now LOL

College Freshman Signworks of Algoma's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A suitcase.....................my wife got me a suitcase. Is she trying to tell me something?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Signworks of Algoma View Post
    A suitcase.....................my wife got me a suitcase. Is she trying to tell me something?
    I bet you are being facetious, either way, the only thing she is telling you is that you needed a new suitcase. If it were packed I would be concerned.

Post Thanks / Like
    A suitcase is better than a grave plot and new insurance policy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast