Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?

Tell us something cool you got/your favorite gift.... curious what other sign folk are into besides signs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got an early Christmas present last week. Two dump truck loads of used cow sh!t dumped outside my garden. Now, I hafta spread it by hand. I can hardly wait...................... Better than coal, I guess, cause I can't burn coal and it won't make the crops grow good in the summer.

Everybody should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink

Merchant Member to the Trade

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that stinks.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I got was a bottle of Jameson (wish it had been Bookers but am not going to complain).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoPrinthead View Post
    The only thing I got was a bottle of Jameson (wish it had been Bookers but am not going to complain).
    My son got me a 12 yr Auchentoshan. Curious to try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a house! Kidding... well about getting it for Christmas anyways, haha. We closed on our first home beginning of December, so the running joke with my husband and I has been that we bought a house for the holiday since we didn't spend any money on gifts this year

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoPrinthead View Post

Haha........ my stepson and some others got me a few bottles of Bushmill. That's a given for Christmas, if I'm connected with it.

A good friend got me a bottle of 21 year old Bushmill last year for a belated Christmas present. Now...... ya wanna talk about smo-o-o-o-o-o-th

Everybody should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink

Merchant Member to the Trade

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife continues her long term plan to slowly drive me insane by getting me an RC Drone. I hate it. It doesn't like me. If I ever get control of it, I'm chasing her around the house with it. Shooting video all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son bought me a Pink Floyd encyclopedia! The things I didn't know about my favorite band!
    Red Deer, Alberta.

Post Thanks / Like
    I much prefer Bushmills to Jamo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgvginc View Post
    My wife continues her long term plan to slowly drive me insane by getting me an RC Drone. I hate it. It doesn't like me. If I ever get control of it, I'm chasing her around the house with it. Shooting video all the way.

This seriously made me laugh out loud. I feel about the same as you do with these things, but my son was begging for one (he has been watching the DRL (Drone Racing League) and now wants to be a professional drone racer).... I gave in and got him one. Yeah, given how it is going so far - he has a long way to go.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    $$$

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    got a new baby daughter :)... couple days before xmas but who doesnt open a couple cool presents early?

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got a week of snowboarding at breck and keystone. Tomorrow I go to a place called dexafit to check out my fitness/body. Not a bad Xmas present.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cgvginc View Post
    Yeah, my 8 year old begged for one and I relented figuring he'd give up and I'd get it to play with. All I've figured out how to do with it is make it go up and down. The kid, meanwhile, is chasing cows, flying through trees, and can land it within inches of where he wants to. I hate it. It doesn't like me.

PhD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tascam UH 7000 recording interface...

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife got me the Asus ZenWatch 3 I've been wanting and my family got me lots of sushi gift certificates.

Premium Subscriber Kottwitz-Graphics's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My wife got me a new pair of boots, but my big gift was a cat back Flowmaster exhaust to go on my truck. I am getting it installed tomorrow...

Post Thanks / Like
    A Kuerig, a toolbox and kitchen knives. All were needed and wanted

PhD
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got some tools, booze, clothes and money. All of my favorite things!

But really, the best gift was being able to see almost all of my family (and girlfriend's family) over the holidays. The older I get the less I need/want material things for Christmas.

Hope everyone had/has a great holiday season and can get some down time to relax.

I'm in at the shop today to wrap up some NYE displays then back to drinking egg nog and rum in my pajamas!

Post Thanks / Like
    got my son a RMX 250, i can't wait to try it out myself, got me a drone and love it!

Master of Arts
    Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of it came a bit early, but we did the home automation thing, SmartThings Hub, switches and a pair of Google Homes. Works well with the 2 Chromecasts we already had. Nice having lights come on automatically as we walk through the house, or start the next episode of Hell on Wheels by just asking for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a pair of pants & a piece of ***, they were both to big..

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a new dining room table .... but no one is allowed to eat off on it or set anything on it or even look at it too hard!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to see my 69 Cougar out of the paint booth with a new shiny coat of paint. I've been waiting 5 years for it to happen so to finally see it getting completed is a pretty great gift (even if it is just a gift to myself)

PhD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Msrae View Post
    I got to see my 69 Cougar out of the paint booth with a new shiny coat of paint. I've been waiting 5 years for it to happen so to finally see it getting completed is a pretty great gift (even if it is just a gift to myself)
    Let's see some pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got to go snowboarding over the break, it was 35 degrees and lots of fun. My wife got me a gift card for what will be my biggest tattoo yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RJPW View Post
    Let's see some pics!
    It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-tabby-2-dec-2016-paint-jpgAnybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-tabby-1-dec-2016-paint-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought myself a set of tires and an alignment!!!

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Msrae View Post
    It still has a lot of work to go, all the chrome needs to be put back, and the top needs to be put on, but it is getting there. I decided to go with a non-traditional color (I'm tired of seeing classics with a red paint job, hehe). This was the color of Eleanor, the GT 500 Mustang. I am thinking some very small white striping to accent the great body line it has but I'm not sure (the interior and top are both white). Then I need to get working on the interior and the engine rebuild. It's a long process but I'm loving it. Anybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-tabby-2-dec-2016-paint-jpgAnybody get something cool for Christmas? Non sign related!?-tabby-1-dec-2016-paint-jpg

I like the MG in the background! I have one of those, except I put a V8 in mine. :)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast