Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by signmeup View Post
    No,No...working out....like running or an aerobics class or kickboxing or soccer. Something that uses muscles and developes your lungs. Something that makes you sweat and breathe hard. Once you get into something like that, you'll have so much more energy you won't believe it.....and you can eat whatever you want. You'll live longer too.
    But my husband is still in Tennessee

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofgrafix View Post
    I'm 6foot tall and at 207lbs
    My losing starts today!!
    That's not bad at all for 6ft. I'm 6ft1" and I was very happy when I was at 210lb.

Congrats to those who have lost and to those just starting out on the journey. It takes some dedication to stay on a diet for the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is so cool! Its nice to see you guys coming together to help in your goals...

It is always much easier to lose weight with a partner, competition brings out the best in us! My wife had been talking about going on a diet for awhile and just couldnt get motivated, so I told her I would do it too and we would have weigh-ins once a week(we were very competitive!). We started buying better foods to eat and eating better in general. Starting in September of last year, in a few months I had went from 205 to 185lbs, and she went from 140lbs to 120lbs. The nice thing is we have been able to keep it off. The down side was she had to buy new clothes! Just remember you dont have to cut out your favorite food, but use it(in moderation) to reward yourself for eating well. Anyway, we wish everyone well in their efforts to being healthy!

BTW a VERY interesting and good read is "Eat This, Not That" Its a very handy book to have when eating out and grocery shopping.
    Last edited by cbsigns; 11-30-2008 at 03:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought with the New Year quickly approaching I should bump this to the top.

How many of us have some kind of plan to get back into shape for the New Year?

I know I would like to get back to running and working out once again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was always around 160lbs...took out my tonsils in december and now im up to 185!

College Senior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been really working on getting back in shape. I put on some weight when I got married, but after having my first baby in March, I was determined to get back to my regular weight. I only gained 25 lbs with the pregnancy, but I already weighted more than I wanted to.

Counting from before I got pregnant (not counting the baby weight), I've lost 32 lbs as of this week and I am so stoked. I've just altered my diet up until a month ago when I joined a gym close to my house and I've started getting up before my husband and son in the morning and going to workout.

I love listening to audiobooks and hardly ever get to, so I take my ipod with me to the gym and listen. It keeps me going longer and makes me excited about going.

I've got 10 more pounds to lose, and I know the last ten can be the hardest, so I'm glad to see this post! Let's keep each other motivated!!

It's so great to see you all working towards your goals!!

=) Jessica

Post Thanks / Like
    Me - I'm just holding steady which is a good thing. I do a lot of cooking over the holidays (lots of candy and cookies!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I lost 15 lbs. in the last 10 weeks...was 220 now im down to 205 and my goal is to be down to 185 by summer time!!!

College Senior
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome PMG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMG View Post
    I lost 15 lbs. in the last 10 weeks...was 220 now im down to 205 and my goal is to be down to 185 by summer time!!!
    Way to go!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping to be under the 200 lb mark by New Years. Was at 220 earlier this Fall. Got 7 pounds left to go so it's not likely I will make it but I'm still gonna push even harder on this last strectch! It's a tough time to eat lightly though so I'm working out more and have totally laid off the beer (My biggest temptation) as of a week ago, for now at least. No soft drinks at all either, although i never really did drink many of those anyways.
    Hell, the beer alone must amount to at least about a 1000 calorie per day reduction for me! -At least! I like beer....ALOT!

Well, time for some more situps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Was at 245 got down to 220 so I decided to stop smoking back up to 252 but haven't had a cigarette (For the most part) in 5 months. Now my Cholesterol went up to 700 so I am on plethora of drugs and now I need an MRI on my Pancreas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Down 75 lbs..... total... just wanted to update this for anyone else who's still working on it....

Another few pounds and I'll post a before and after... drastic difference!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap Stacy, that is impressive!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdawg View Post
    Down 75 lbs..... total... just wanted to update this for anyone else who's still working on it....

Another few pounds and I'll post a before and after... drastic difference!!!!

Way to go .................Cant wait to see the new you.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image View Post
    Way to go .................Cant wait to see the new you.......
    LOL yeah Dustin you saw the old me... just less to see now!!!

Master of Arts
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, Stacy!
    I am still about the same.
    I weigh 145, but I would like to weigh 125.
    My boobs are no longer "up" but at least I am down two pants sizes since last year at this time.
    Love...Jill

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back on (what my wife and I refer to as): "Fatkins Diet" meaning salads, NO BREAD, NO BEER (ouch) and NO SUGAR!
    Already lost about 5 pounds this week, and was never hungry, although very bored.
    I have to stick with wine and no-beer stuff for fun!
    Atkins diet is the ONLY thing that has consistently worked for wife and me. She's 41 and has the bod of a 27 something. I have a little "catching up" to do. But seriously, keeping off the carbs causes me to lose weight daily, and I'm never hungry. Just make sure you keep a ton of low-carb stuff around the house (bacon, ham, chicken, turkey, salad, cheese, strawberries, etc. You can get a list of low-sugar/carb products at Atkins site.) If you do it "right," it's really a healthy way to successfully lose weight.
    Chris

Bachelor of Arts
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am on a new diet.
    I will either not gain -or- loose 30 pounds by friday.

Saturday, I will reward myself and go to outback steakhouse for a blooming onion.

On a serious note, congrats to all who are hanging in there with their diets.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've lost 18 lbs since joining the gym 2 months ago. I'm now back into running and hope to be back in shape by spring to be into competitive running again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a lap-band put in about 5 weeks ago. I still doesn't make me feel full. I have alost about 20 pounds in the last month though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying you are still hungry after having had the lap band installed?
    (installed? I don't know what to call it)
    I have put on 5# since last year, probably due to stress.
    Went back to the hypnotist last month to get rebooted, and it has helped considerably.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillbeans View Post
    Are you saying you are still hungry after having had the lap band installed?
    (installed? I don't know what to call it)
    I have put on 5# since last year, probably due to stress.
    Went back to the hypnotist last month to get rebooted, and it has helped considerably.
    Yep, I still do not feel like I am full even when I eat a large meal. My typical meal is supposed to be about the size of 2 gold balls. I can almost eat as much as I did before (which could be a lot). I've been told that I might have to have saline added 3-4 times before I start to feel the "full" sensation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't wanna brag...but down 62 pounds so far....15 more to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was 268 this time last year.. Now I'm 215.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Guys...

I am just maintaining... not gaining... not losing... except the same damn 5 lbs.... over and over...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omgsideburns View Post
    I was 268 this time last year.. Now I'm 215.
    How tall are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started working on this sort of thing 11-04-2009.

I got some catching up to do.
    might have to drop the

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't know one of these was going on..

I'm 6' and 246 as of last night. The same weight I was in high school. But I'd like to get to 190 ish. So I'll try and keep on top of it. I definitely need some support, thanks guys.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast