Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never really put anything here but I started in March, deciding to lose a little. I'm down to 188, 28lb lost and feeling great. :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Still holdin' at 148.
    Should probably not have had half a Primanti's or two beers at 9am on the South Side on Saturday!

Post Thanks / Like
    The medical "consensus" of the BMI is crap.
    I'm 6'1" and my doctor says I should weigh 180 lbs.
    crap

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    How tall are you?
    Only 5' 7", I'm a stocky little dude.

I'd like to see sub 200 but I have been over 200 since I was in middle school. I hit a plateau in my weight loss around 225. I picked up weight training and built up quite a bit of muscle while losing weight so the fat's going away slowly but surely.

I can probably dig up some pictures but It's been a significant improvement in my appearance, you can really see it in my face, and I can really tell in the size of my clothing.. I'm down from XL shirts and size 40 jeans to L shirts and size 34 jeans (same brands/styles).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omgsideburns View Post
    Only 5' 7", I'm a stocky little dude.

I'd like to see sub 200 but I have been over 200 since I was in middle school. I hit a plateau in my weight loss around 225. I picked up weight training and built up quite a bit of muscle while losing weight so the fat's going away slowly but surely.

I can probably dig up some pictures but It's been a significant improvement in my appearance, you can really see it in my face, and I can really tell in the size of my clothing.. I'm down from XL shirts and size 40 jeans to L shirts and size 34 jeans (same brands/styles).
    That's pretty stocky....good for you though bro.
    I have a flat six-pack but barely squeeze into a 40 pants....Dr. thinks I should be in a 34.

Post Thanks / Like
    All kinds of shapes and sizes here!
    I'm just under 6'3", weigh 215-ish and wear 34 inch jeans with a beer gut I'd like to lose but I just like beer too much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weigh-Ins for the signs101 Losers (the good kind!)-doug-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillbeans View Post
    Still holdin' at 148.
    Should probably not have had half a Primanti's or two beers at 9am on the South Side on Saturday!
    There's nothin' like a beer buzz early in the morning!

Post Thanks / Like
    i have never FIT THE SIZE/WEIGHT CHARTS!!!!
    makes no sense to someone of my build!!!! all of my ADULT LIFE, i have been the lowest was 184 POUND, and the max was 293!!!!!!!!!!
    i will admit 293 AINT GOOD, but at 184 i looked like a walking skeleton!!!!! no kiddin. you could count my ribs, i had nothing between the ribs and TREE TRUNK THIGHS, and i belive my waist was close to 30"!!!!!!
    when i was in high school i wrestled 188 sometimes or unlimited mostly. was 200-215 at 5' 11" then. spent a lot of time on dairy farm doin heavy farm work, so that 215 was mostly muscle. went in the air force at 19 and 245!!!! they took that down to 205. so most of those years i floated between 205- 225. i really feel my best at 220-230, more then that iam not comfortable.
    ia, 270 now and still tryin to lose more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I know I am at a plateau, what do you all do to push yourself to get over it and keep losing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dlndesign View Post
    Ok I know I am at a plateau, what do you all do to push yourself to get over it and keep losing?
    Start smoking.

Hot peppers are a natural appetite suppressant, and they're so yummy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofgrafix View Post
    I'm 6foot tall and at 207lbs
    My losing starts today!!

Well that was 8-01-08 and needless to say I did not start losing..
    I put on weight and was at 221 dec 25.

As of dec 26 I hooked up my Ipod touch to my nike shoes and started running along with watching my diet. i.e. cutting out Dr pepper and starbucks.
    this morning i was at 213.5.
    A great start to this year! Got to get ready for soccer!

180 by 2011 and 6-7 min mins

Touch + nikeplus stuff is great!

This is my run from last night!
    http://nikerunning.nike.com/n/r/en_U...rc=fbk_ab_plus

Post Thanks / Like
    down to 211 today!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm up a couple of pounds over Christmas but I've been working out pretty hard.....weights and aerobics plus TKD and lots of snow shoveling. Must be muscle. 5' 8" 147 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I only started trying to lose weight. I decided to make this new decade one dedicated to my health and future. I stepped on the scale around December 1st and for the first time in my life I hit 230lbs. and most of my adult life I averaged 190lbs. I'm 6'3" and I don't look fat but I can feel the extra 40lbs in my legs since having my motorcycle accident five years ago.

I found an iPhone app and figured I would give it a try. I've been using it every day and it's slow progress but seems to be helping. By limiting my daily input of calories and for the first time in my life, reading the labels on the back of packages, I'm shedding about two pounds a week. I'm now down 15lbs with 25lbs more to go for my goal weight of 190.

I've started walking 3-4 miles everyday for lunch and that burns of 400 calories a day by itself. I'm a stubborn ***** so when I make up my mind, that's pretty much it. I'm really getting use to this and it's gives me something to really look forward to each day.

I figure I've worked hard my entire life to get as far as I have and I'd hate to drop dead and miss out on all the fun I have planned for later on. Good luck to everyone who is fighting the battle of the bulge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just staying the same... very glad I didn't gain through the holidays...

Bought a new fancy-dancy scale and I make myself step on it everyday... that in itself is an eye-opening motivatinal tool there!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on a liquid diet and so far it isn't working.... so I guess I'll just have to eat less and drink more !!.

Actually, since this started, I've lost a total of about 10 pounds. I'm fluctuating quite a bit which kinda scares me, but I need to go about 25 or 30 more to feel good again.

Everybody should believe in something.... I believe I'll have another drink

Merchant Member to the Trade

Post Thanks / Like
    So what are all you guys doing to lose weight besides not eating as much? I just ran to my hair cut appointment and then ran back. It was only a half mile each way but it was thorough snow so it got me breathing hard. Little bits of activity added together do add up. Gotta go shovel the driveway now....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gino View Post
    I'm on a liquid diet and so far it isn't working.... so I guess I'll just have to eat less and drink more !!.

Actually, since this started, I've lost a total of about 10 pounds. I'm fluctuating quite a bit which kinda scares me, but I need to go about 25 or 30 more to feel good again.

A friend of mine claims there's a pork chop in every can of beer. He has a slightly modified version of the typical liquid diet!

Post Thanks / Like
    No fair! I've lost 65lbs since last year. I didn't know about this or I'd have waited... LOL Still trying to lose more though, so I'll chime in :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm eating a cinnamon roll.

Post Thanks / Like
    roflmao @ omg

Post Thanks / Like
    205 this morning..

running my first mile at 8:02(ish) and staying at less then 9:00miles after that.

Trying to get below 200 by the end of this month!

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go HOG! I started running a bit a couple of months back. Only treadmill though so not as good as real running but it's a start. (I have trouble with an achillies tendon.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I am at 146 after the surgery, but when I put on my skinny jeans it was hell on the swelly belly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Surgery?! Hope you're alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm getting fatter by the day . . . I've put on 70LBs in a little over 5 years !

I can't seem to lose any weight now !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by signmeup View Post
    Way to go HOG! I started running a bit a couple of months back. Only treadmill though so not as good as real running but it's a start. (I have trouble with an achillies tendon.)
    Treadmill running is still running! I wish i had one but $$$$. I was getting real bad shin spits from running on the hard ground.. Please my area that I run in is very hilly so that makes me hurt too!

I'm just trying to get ready for 2011 when I turn 30 so I can join the old man soccer league

Post Thanks / Like
    I run bare foot......easier on the heels. I'll be 50 in 2011. I guess I can get into old man soccer anytime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by signmeup View Post
    I run bare foot......easier on the heels. I'll be 50 in 2011. I guess I can get into old man soccer anytime.

If I had a treadmill thats how i would run! Its way better to run barefoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    well.. just did my best run

ran 2.04 mi on 2/14/2010 at 2:35 PM with a pace of 8'26"/mi

just murdered my fastest mile it was 8:10 for a while.. hit 7:26 today
    and feel great!! on pace to get below 200 this month

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast