Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year! My sister and I own a screen printing business and have recently started doing heat transfer designs and would like learn more about vinyl cutters and possibly sign making!

College Freshman Fares Bayazeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since 1999 - Wide-format Equipment and Consumables, Vinyl Cutting Equipment and Consumables, Rolled Media Applications - Custom Cut/Custom Coated and Uncoated media and Design Software. I have been in Sales and Sales Management and have a working knowledge of the various ink solutions in relation to available rolled media (with a personal specialty in coatings). I am involved in purchasing as well as sales in large specialty end-user companies and more recently National Distributor Relations and Support.

I am involved in hands-on and off in testing situations for new compatible inks on a variety of types of media and substrates. In-house, we test on a variety of our HP, Roland, Mimaki, Canon and Mutoh equipment our lines of compatible inks. We test every aspect of various rolled and sheet-fed media as well paying special attention to applications, adhesions, and testing of the various thermal and cold laminates and their interaction with media and ink. Then we take the combinations of these and test them on the various substrates. Our ink testing involves the various Aqueous types, Solvent, Eco-Solvent and most recently adding the various Latex and UV Curable Solutions. I have a special interest in Signs 101 with regard end-user experiences with various types of equipment while contributing my experiences in testing equipment, inks, media, vinyl, substrates and cutting systems.

Prior to getting into wide-format and associated off-shoots, I was in Offset Printing Sales. I started with Burroughs Corporation in Financial Forms Design specializing in Super Safety II Official Items and Write-it-Once Systems, Forms Managment and System Set Design with my final assignment in a think-tank environment. I went from there to work for Sperry-Remington-Rand specializing in printed color-coded files and filing systems, terminal digit and space-saving equipment design. Prior to that I was in Radio and Television involved as an on-air personality, Sports Commentator, and in News Performance, Production, and Management. I have also been involved in producing 18 films and documentaries on various subjects. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Radio-Television and Film (Sales and Management) from Oklahoma State University and have continued education in a variety of interests. I read every entry into Signs 101 religiously, add my thoughts and experiences selectively, and find the format gives me a good overall scope of our industry. I pay close attention to trends in our industry by the comments of all members in our forum. I am careful not to sell my companies particular products here in that, at this point, I do not pay for the right to do so. Thank you for accepting me into this select group of professionals!

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you please help me with the driver download link,the patch related to printer installation is missing in my system

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all I'm Vince at New Image Sign Company. Have been in business for 16 years. Have been looking through forums for information on a few issues with a couple printers.
    Thanks,

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Happy New Year! My name is Richard I have over 30 years print and Photography Experience. I have KBA Offset equipment can print up to 59" x 81" @ 9,000 sheets per hour. Also Have Wide format 96" x What you need on our Durst RHO 900 Digital UV printer. I look forward to helping where I can.

Best Regards

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Matt and I'm the owner of Coffee Freak Designs. I have been in graphic arts for over 20 years and have been in web design and graphic arts on and off for years before starting my own business. I have recently added die cut signs as an add-on to my design business. Looks like I have a bit to learn and this group looks like a wealth of that information.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to have you say hi!

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello
    I've been working in the graphics industry for the past 25+ years. Been doing several things like designing, color management, color proofing, publishing, large format printing and signs.
    Currently only having a Graphtec CE5000-40 as a hobby tool at home (for t-shirts, sand blast templates and other useful stuff).

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like

VanWinkle Sports

Hello
    We are new to the sign business. We have had several customers ask about signs & banners. So we started slowly making banners and signs.
    Looking to learn as much as possible. It started with customers wanting team banners, now schools are asking for signs. We are a athletic sporting goods store with 10 employees and 2 locations. We have a Roland SC-540 printer and will upgrade when our customer base lets us.

thanks
    Doug

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, My name Is Chris Savageau. I've been making signs and shirts as a part time business for the last 8 years. I was part of another forum years back that died out. I missed the input and help that they gave to each other, I thought I'd give this forum a shot!

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone

I used to own a small signage business - back in my old town St. Lucia (South Africa) a few years ago. I've been out of the signage industry for 10 years. I just had a small 24" Summa cutter to do all signs.

Starting again now but will move into digital printing as well.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All

I'm Josh and I sell stuff.

I'm not an artist, designer, sign maker, printer, cutter, wrapper, t-shirt maker, rhinestoner, scrap-booker or anything even remotely close to any of those things...until now.

I have a friend who owns a vehicle wrap business. His idea was for us work together to expand both of our businesses... with one small catch: I had to learn software, come up with the templates, designs, prototypes, packaging, advertising, websites and whatever else needs to be done. In return, he'll print it.

With that said, I've spent a couple of months reading everything I can and thanks to these forums I'm about to make my first equipment purchase to get this new sole venture started.

As for my friend... he still owns a wrap business.

Thanks to all of the participants here. I'm extremely excited to see where this goes. The information is priceless and I hope to return the favor in the future.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Been dabbling in cut vinyl for the last 5 years but recently Bought a used Mutoh printer. I always have question and this forum always seems to pop up with answers on a google search. Figured I should join since I use it so much!

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all, not sure I'm in the right place for an intro but it did say welcome thread somewhere above, what the heck.Hello everyone!
    I'm just getting started with large format and I realize the importance of resources like this site.I made a decent living as an airbrush artist for the last 18 years doing big scale murals many other projects and have occasionally used vinyl for masks when airbrushing, so I have limited digital experience.
    I really enjoy the work and the people in this field and as time changes we sometimes have to change with it.I have already learned some valuable tips from this site and
    I hope that with time I will be able to contribute more then I take.With that,it feels great to join this community of creative minds.
    Shaun McInnis

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I'm 29 and currently working in a small print shop. I have 6 years under my belt in the printing business, and work mostly with large format printing...I have experience with a flatbed cutter, plotter cutter, laser cutting, saw and hand cutting, sheering, hydraulic cutting, various rip and design applications/programs, Gerber printing, and installs!

I spend most of my free time playing WoW and enjoying craft beers

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I am a lifelong artist and owner of Nilson Studio, located in Milwaukee, WI. I do large murals of all types, decorative paint and plaster finishes, as well as oil and acrylic paintings. I have painted several giant company logos over the years, which sparked my interest in traditional sign painting techniques and materials. You can visit Nilson Studio - Murals, Faux and Wall Finishes, and Fine Art to see my work. Thank you and I look forward to talking shop with you!

DrytacSoutheastLinda
    Hello! I'm Linda and I am the Southeastern Regional Sales Manager for Drytac based in Atlanta, GA. We provide great quality wide format laminates, adhesives, digital print media, laminators, magnetic systems, and display equipment and accessories. If anyone has a sign shop in the Southeast and would like assistance from me on materials, feel free to reach out! lindaeubanks@drytac.com
    I'd love to hear from you!

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

Hello we are a commercial digital printing company doing EDDMs, Postcards, Brochures, Newsletters, etc.,also presort and meter mail for local businesses but we just recently got a Roland Soljet XC-540 and after i get my feet wet with it and learn more about it ill then roll it out to customers and offer banners, stickers and what not

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I'm Michael, and I just joined today. I retired form the full time Navy some years ago, and now work as a civilian. I'm looking to add some signs to my woodworking as a sideline, and to carry over into full retirement in a few years. Nothing extravagant, more like a small home based business.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Jules and I currently only do vinyl cutting but I'm thinking of getting into printing. I've been lurking here for a couple of weeks, lots of good info.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy. I'm Bubba. I been here a day or two, I just don't say much.
    I make signs, half wraps, GoKart wraps, decals, T-Shirts, coozies, Canvas Prints, you name it.
    Most of my stuff is for Racers. Probably due to the fact that I own, and operate a Race Track.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newbie. Have had my shop for over a year. Thanks for the add

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone! Am happy to be part of this community of professionals. Thanks for the opportunity.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, very new to it all. Just got a cutter and hoping to learn some things from this forum. From Virginia, thank you for letting me into your forum and sharing your experience. Max

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all. Not new to Signs101 was a member way back when (well some years ago now. And have just returned as i need some bed time reading. and to help were i can.
    I have been in the Garment Gift and Large Format printing for just over 14 years. and have used most print methods along the way.
    Over the past 5 years trade as declined and as our old fateful large format printer ( ye old rock hopper 60") went bang and was sent to the big print shop in the sky, we just did garment and gift printing.
    We have now started looking at returning to Large format print again as we keep turning work down.
    we are only a small business based in Sutton - in - Ashfield. Nottinghamshire UK. so as the norm compeating with the big business is hard. but hay there is lots of workout there for us all.
    So again Hi to all on the forum.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello my name is Daniel i have been working on printers for a little over a year now and and looking to learn more about the printers.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello everyone

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Fellow Signmakers,

I have been in the Graphic Design industry since 2008. I went to Robert Morris University in Chicago, IL to learn my trade. I have learned a lot in the 8 years that I have been churning out attractive Commercial Art. I would say my motivation has been working with business men and women and seeing the vision for there company come to life right before their eyes. It seems that every project that I get has the potential to be a great helper in the lives of the people that it represents.

I came to this forum to find a sense of community and to increase my knowledge of the business that I have been lucky enough to be a part of.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, my name is Brian. I work for a company called MAC Specialties Ltd. in Oceanside, NY. I am in charge of operating a Zund G3 3XL-3200 digital cutter and Mimaki flatbed presses. I've come here to learn more information about routing and printing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast