View Poll Results: What estimating software do you use?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Activity

5 2.26%
  • Cyrious Software

27 12.22%
  • EstiMate

34 15.38%
  • Excel Spreadsheet

29 13.12%
  • GraphixCalc

13 5.88%
  • SignVox

16 7.24%
  • Sign Tracker

4 1.81%
  • Other

16 7.24%
  • Don't use Software

77 34.84%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    College Junior
    Post Thanks / Like

Pricing Software

I've been speaking with Jon Aston lately and we've agreed I should look into getting software to help speed up the estimating process. After looking through a few threads on here I've run into a ton of different options and am having trouble deciding on one.

I plan on checking out a few different trials but want to narrow it down because I don't really have time to try them all. I have a relatively small shop with just me and one full-time employee, so I don't think I really need something as high-end as Cyrious. If you're currently using estimating software, would you recommend it and why?

Post Thanks / Like
    SignVox

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    CASper (easynet)

Premium Subscriber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherSignManiac View Post
    CASper (easynet)
    me too *headache*

College Junior
    Post Thanks / Like
    CASper (easynet)
    Wow there goes another one I haven't heard of yet. I'll have to check that out.

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    SignVox is awesome. Saves me lots of time entering orders and producing quotes.

Post Thanks / Like
    SignVOX for sure....though I might be a bit jaded. If you would like to view a demo let me know.
    SignVOX
    Kevin Kennington
    Sales & Marketing
    kevin@signvox.com
    www.signvox.com
    blog.signvox.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont gte estimating software myself, BUT Im not bawshing it, I just dont get it

Post Thanks / Like
    EstiMate. Although it's all I've ever used so I can't compare it. I would never quote without software. Everyone in the shop can use it. Free's up A LOT of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmboy View Post
    EstiMate. Although it's all I've ever used so I can't compare it. I would never quote without software. Everyone in the shop can use it. Free's up A LOT of time.
    Ditto- not perfect but pays for itself. We really struggled before we got it-
    and if you intend to grow (and who doesn't/didn't) it is even more important
    to be able to access past info easily.

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwiksigns View Post
    me too *headache*
    you don't like it? I think it's a fairly good piece of software, especially with all the updates as of late.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excel Spreadsheets for basic pricing and costing, prices built in to quickbooks.
    Follow us on twitter for additional promotions: http://www.twitter.com/VIPNode

Post Thanks / Like
    I chose "Other" even though I use a spreadsheet. The only spreadsheet option offered was "Excel Spreadsheet" -- why do people assume that if you're using a spreadsheet, its MS Office?

I have used OpenOffice for years and now use the new fork of development that is free from Oracle's influence -- LibreOffice

College Junior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoatroper View Post
    why do people assume that if you're using a spreadsheet, its MS Office?
    Hmm, good question. I use Open Office myself but for whatever reason I didn't think to include it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgoatroper View Post
    I have used OpenOffice for years and now use the new fork of development that is free from Oracle's influence -- LibreOffice
    Same here, it always amazes me that most people don't take advantage of open source software or freeware in general. I don't use a single piece of paid software besides VersaWorks and Corel X4.

On topic, I use a spreadsheet at the moment, but I'm also giving Sign Tracker a spin to see if it can help me keep things a bit more organized overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    you don't like it? I think it's a fairly good piece of software, especially with all the updates as of late.
    Have CASper, waiting to switch to SignVox ... 1000% better than CASper. Get the SignVox free demo walk-thru, you'll see. CASper is VERY limiting, and takes WEEKS to adjust price ranges.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm switching to singvox soon...
    i can tell you what software NOT to get..

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sar bossier View Post
    Have CASper, waiting to switch to SignVox ... 1000% better than CASper. Get the SignVox free demo walk-thru, you'll see. CASper is VERY limiting, and takes WEEKS to adjust price ranges.
    wish I was the one to make the decisions... secretly (but dont tell anyone) I love what I see with SignVox

Post Thanks / Like
    Excel here. Works fine and can easily customise it whenever I have the need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom_Grafx View Post
    Nice thing about SignVOX is that it has an Excelish feel to it when you are creating items, editing prices etc. One of the wish items we are working on is to take what you can currently export into an excel documents (prices, products, formulas etc.) and be able to edit in excel then reimport that right back into SignVOX. Makes bulk changes and edits even easier.
    SignVOX
    Kevin Kennington
    Sales & Marketing
    kevin@signvox.com
    www.signvox.com
    blog.signvox.com

Premium Subscriber
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much money is Signvox?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JERHEMI View Post
    How much money is Signvox?
    $129/mo unlimited users includes support and training. No contract simply pay as you go.
    SignVOX
    Kevin Kennington
    Sales & Marketing
    kevin@signvox.com
    www.signvox.com
    blog.signvox.com

College Junior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a reason no one uses Sign Tracker? Seems like you get a lot for the price and they're a merchant member here.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like

Sign Tracker

Joe here! I encourage you to take Sign Tracker for a spin. Our mission is to keep it simple. Our pricing includes support & training and set up time is very minimal.

Full customer management, estimating and customer quotes, and easy job flow management....all for as little at 29.95 per month.

We built a 10+ mil per year sign shop with these tools and will continue to build Sign Tracker with the help of sign shop user feedback.

-----------------------------------------------
    "This service is available at a fraction of its worth. It's designed to help you manage, analyze and grow your business. It's a modern, excellent and easy-to-use system that we recommend you explore today."

-Signs of the Times Magazine
    ---------------------------------------------

Try it free: www.sign-tracker.com / 866-925-5527

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have tried several and even spent a lot of money on one of the big name programs. In the end no one would use it. Switched to SignVOX in August and with me working one day week helping out, we are just about up on it completely. Great program, easy to use, and very intuitive. I am excited about getting the Production Management side into use in the next few weeks.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    We use Estimate. I like it but some things I think could be better, like job tracking and sheduling. I have considered Sign Tracker but not tried it yet. Not sure about cloud based software (as with Signvox too) not sure I would trust all my data on a virtual server somewhere except my premises.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rising View Post
    We use Estimate. I like it but some things I think could be better, like job tracking and sheduling. I have considered Sign Tracker but not tried it yet. Not sure about cloud based software (as with Signvox too) not sure I would trust all my data on a virtual server somewhere except my premises.

Steve
    I can understand wanting control over your data and SignVOX gives you that control via exports and a Quickbooks sync. If you were to export that information daily you can have it on your machine at any time. Additionally, SignVOX can help you with the tracking and scheduling. Using it allows your shop to be more efficient, improves order accuracy, improves communication, helps you stay on top of leads, and can actually find you time just by using it.
    SignVOX
    Kevin Kennington
    Sales & Marketing
    kevin@signvox.com
    www.signvox.com
    blog.signvox.com

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like

Choosing Sign Shop Business & Estimating Software

I think the most important decision in implementing software is ease of use. Why pay 100% of a very complex application that you only use 25% of it. Also, it is important when going from "no system" in your shop to an integrated crm, job flow and estimating solution that you "keep it simple" for your team or it will never work. I owned a large sign shop for over 10 years and have tried hard to take the most effective parts of our system and turn it in to Sign Tracker. We are growing fast, but we are really listening to our users and only adding what they need to run the shop.

We are getting nice feed back almost daily:
    ----------
    Signed up Joe!! - LOVE it!! THANKS!!
    -LIBGraphics

----------
    If your looking for a powerful program to easily and effectively run your company, Sign Tracker is it. It is very simple to set up and learn, and has been a true lifesaver for my company.

Thank you Sign Tracker!
    -Graphics Pro

soooo.....check us out & sign up for your free trial today!

1-3 users: 29.95 per mo / 4-10 users 59.95 per mo / 11-up users 99.95 per mo
    includes support and training

www.sign-tracker.com

Watch our demos on Tracker TV:

http://www.sign-tracker.com/videos-all-videos.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely. One of the most important thing is ease of use. I completely agree. Why would you want to impede your business' growth with a piece of software that is clunky and hard to use? Its exactly why we created SignVOX. User friendly and intuitive yet comprehensive enough to accommodate all that you do in your sign business. CRM, estimating and job flow are only a few of the hats that sign business owners and their team wear. SignVOX is a solution that considers all the hats necessary to run the business; you just don't know you are wearing it when you are using SignVOX. It is that easy. Take a webinar and see for yourself.
    SignVOX
    Kevin Kennington
    Sales & Marketing
    kevin@signvox.com
    www.signvox.com
    blog.signvox.com

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Custom_Grafx View Post
    Same here, but Open Office, not Excel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast