Premium Subscriber jsmoritz2000's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Grimco and Orafol

As many of you may know, Grimco and Orafol (Oracal) had a bitter relationship and Grimco was not able to carry Orafol products. Well, with a buyout of Proveer Canada and Grimco under different management these days, they will now be carrying Orafol products. I was notified of this earlier last week and didn't post it because I figured someone else already would have posted it here. Anyway, they said they should start picking up the Orafol line of products around April of this year, but I don't know if it will be printed in the upcoming catalog yet.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmoritz2000 View Post
    As many of you may know, Grimco and Orafol (Oracal) had a bitter relationship and Grimco was not able to carry Orafol products. Well, with a buyout of Proveer Canada and Grimco under different management these days, they will now be carrying Orafol products. I was notified of this earlier last week and didn't post it because I figured someone else already would have posted it here. Anyway, they said they should start picking up the Orafol line of products around April of this year, but I don't know if it will be printed in the upcoming catalog yet.
    This is indeed good news! I hope their pricing is competitive, I'd like to shorten my vendor list (advantage, uscutter, signwarehouse, fellers, grimco, etc) and send more to Grimco if they are competitive on Oracal.

I normally get stuff next day from Grimco in my area, at little to no shipping cost (they have their own drivers in my area).

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good news for me anytime Grimco expands. They are my best supplier.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is REALLY GOOD news I hope it's true, I have not heard anything yet from my GRIMCO supplier in Austin TEXAS.

They have FREE shipping that beats US Cutter and SignWarehouse, I'm still mad with SignWarehouse for lying to me and changing their promise to me. I purchased a Graphtec plotter/cutter from them back in 2001 and they said I would receive FREE shipping on all vinyl purchases for the life of the Graphtec, well the Graphtec is still going, but SW has not kept their word, they started charging me shipping years ago, so I try and purchase all I can from GRIMCO with FREE shipping and I never purchased any equipment from them....

Oh, did I mention I LOVE me some Oracal.....

Post Thanks / Like
    great to hear, we are fans of Grimco and their online easy ordering

College Junior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, hope this is true. I like dealing with them much better than Fellers...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phototec View Post
    That is REALLY GOOD news I hope it's true, I have not heard anything yet from my GRIMCO supplier in Austin TEXAS.

They have FREE shipping that beats US Cutter and SignWarehouse, I'm still mad with SignWarehouse for lying to me and changing their promise to me. I purchased a Graphtec plotter/cutter from them back in 2001 and they said I would receive FREE shipping on all vinyl purchases for the life of the Graphtec, well the Graphtec is still going, but SW has not kept their word, they started charging me shipping years ago, so I try and purchase all I can from GRIMCO with FREE shipping and I never purchased any equipment from them....

LOL I was banned from Signwarehouse when i confronted them about lying to me, Grimco is the best and the will beat any price out there.

PhD
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Toronto it was originally East West Plastics ---> Provier ----> Grimco Canada.

Problem is they cannot get anything shipped out without a mistake or some kind of damage.

Premium Subscriber Kottwitz-Graphics's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Grimco's online ordering, and my sales rep, Scott, works his a$$ off for me, but I feel like I got screwed late last year. I ordered some vinyl, including an outdoor durable brushed silver. I called and got a price from Scott, and ordered it, and paid for it. A day or two later, I get a call from some girl, and they ran into a problem with their supplier, and if I wanted it in the promised time frame, I was going to have to pay another $30, or wait a month to a month and a half to get it.... and she had the nerve to say that it wasn't their fault, and why should they cover the additional expense?

I pulled the entire order, and bought from another vendor, and haven't ordered anything since.

College Freshman StrictlySticky's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was just talking to my sales rep, Erin, earlier about them needing to carry vinyl and she said something might be in the works. Good to know something may materialize!

Bachelor of Arts
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will not use Grimco. No local reps and they have a $500 minimum. Not worth it.

Premium Subscriber Kottwitz-Graphics's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ams View Post
    I will not use Grimco. No local reps and they have a $500 minimum. Not worth it.
    And I thought I was getting shafted.... I got free shipping on anything over $100. But, they were trying to earn my business from Fellers, and pretty much matched or beat prices. The only short fall was they won't offer vinyl by the yard, which I know I pay a premium for, but it beats stocking 9 yards of some odd ball color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ams View Post
    We do 10's of thousands of dollars with them a year and get free shipping over $100. But we also get a 4% discount for our franchise, so I guess we just have the hookup. They also matched all the pricing that GSG was beating them on.

In other news, my rep did confirm the Orafol rumor is true.

Premium Subscriber jsmoritz2000's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phototec View Post
    Same here. They are a great company with great products. I like the fact that they only produce adhesive vinyl products and adhesive tapes, whereas 3M and Avery produce everything under the sun. I'd rather deal with companies like Orafol who specialize in one thing and aren't diversified.

College Freshman
    Post Thanks / Like
    my grimco sucks out of denver, if its not white, black, cardinal red or sapphire blue they don't have anything in stock and it has to come from somewhere at 3 or 4 days away

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lrgfx View Post
    we do 10's of thousands of dollars with them a year and get free shipping over $100. But we also get a 4% discount for our franchise, so i guess we just have the hookup. They also matched all the pricing that gsg was beating them on.

In other news, my rep did confirm the orafol rumor is true.

yea!

C

a

n'

t

w

a

i

t

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    my grimco sucks out of denver, if its not white, black, cardinal red or sapphire blue they don't have anything in stock and it has to come from somewhere at 3 or 4 days away
    Really can't blame them, they just don't have enough space to stock more than the basic colors, lol...

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Grimco and Orafol-grimco-denver-jpg  

College Sophomore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grimco is great, Columbus staff is fantastic. I use fellers for small orders with little bit of vinyl and they have good pricing on tools and things. I'm an oracal fan so even better that they carry.

I get get great pricing with both Grimco and Fellers. Just get a rep and barter pricing back and fourth. I think I have my R conform tape down to like $64 for 24"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JMPrinting View Post
    Grimco is great, Columbus staff is fantastic. I use fellers for small orders with little bit of vinyl and they have good pricing on tools and things. I'm an oracal fan so even better that they carry.

I get get great pricing with both Grimco and Fellers. Just get a rep and barter pricing back and fourth. I think I have my R conform tape down to like $64 for 24"
    Speaking of bartering pricing. My Fellers rep called me after I made a stink about the CheetahWrap pricing and Fellers not matching it. For a roll of 60" 1080, CheetahWrap sells for 525 shipped. I asked my Grimco rep what she could do, hit me back with 513.xx, the Fellers rep who called said he'd beat any Grimco pricing and said he'd give it to me for 510. I'll be sticking with Grimco because of Frank Fellers, but this is literally how I've saved us 40% on all of our substrates between making GSG/Grimco/Fellers all fight for our business.

Bachelor of Arts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scott from Grimco called me yesterday, nice guy. Apparently the $500 minimum was for substrates because they don't deliver to my area but are working on making a route in the future.
    Since they haven't started selling the Oracal brand yet, I can't use them yet, but I do have a job for them to silk screen already. Perhaps I will start using them in the future, depends on pricing and minimum/delivery speed.

Preppie
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true

Quote Originally Posted by jsmoritz2000 View Post
    As a Grimco employee and former Alumapanel employee, this is a true statement, we are pleased to carry Oracal, and orafol, as it is an awesome line, thanks for using Grimco we look forward to seeing you soon!!