• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1204 As Rigid Hybrid Printer!

Biker Scout

Yes, that's right... I just printed on a sheet of .040" aluminum! Granted it was a small piece, but it did work just fine, and the print head was no closer than on thick banner material.

Ink seems to stick just fine, it's not Mubio by any means, nor do I want anyone to wreck their printers trying it... but after seeing a 1608 up close, there really wasn't much difference between the feed rollers. Both use a grit friction bottom roller and clamp down upper rollers. So, I had this crazy idea to try it. Anything thicker than .040" seems out of the question, as you can't raise and lower the entire print head gantry thing, like the 1608 does automatically. So, PVC, Dibond etc... not gonna try it.

Would need to mess with profiles, to get a smooth consistent color, or I could prewrap the panels in some vinyl. However, that almost defeats the purpose of printing direct to substrate. But it is pretty cool nonetheless!