• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1324 won't print

oncewild

I've got a 1324 and a friend has a 1304, both go through the motions of printing but no ink is coming out. Heads are not clogged. MS and dampers are new. I feel like it's going to be something simple that I'm just overlooking. Nozzle check goes through the motion but no ink comes out. I just bought the 1324 used, for a secondary printer. They both go through cleaning cycles normal.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's either an ink flow issue or a popped fuse. If you can see ink flowing under the maintenance station during a cleaning and it still doesn't fire, the head fuse is most likely popped. It's on the main board for the 1304 and 1324 but there is also a second fuse onthe CR board for the 1324 you can check. It's a 750mA fuse for both machines and we have them available here: 750mA fuse

oncewild

It's either an ink flow issue or a popped fuse. If you can see ink flowing under the maintenance station during a cleaning and it still doesn't fire, the head fuse is most likely popped. It's on the main board for the 1304 and 1324 but there is also a second fuse onthe CR board for the 1324 you can check. It's a 750mA fuse for both machines and we have them available here: 750mA fuse
Thanks for the info, I'll check that asap

oncewild

Pulled both fuses and both tested good for continuity. I'm not service tech, but have tore down and put back together a couple machines. Never ran into this issue and seeing it 2x in 2 days....lol! Does not appear to be in the path of the ink flow. Would it be possible to be in the settings? Something reset or got turned off? I got a new head for solventinkjet a couple months ago and put into my original VJ54 and it's running great. So if there's anything I can switch from one machine to the other to test, I'll be glad to try it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Pulled both fuses and both tested good for continuity. I'm not service tech, but have tore down and put back together a couple machines. Never ran into this issue and seeing it 2x in 2 days....lol! Does not appear to be in the path of the ink flow. Would it be possible to be in the settings? Something reset or got turned off? I got a new head for solventinkjet a couple months ago and put into my original VJ54 and it's running great. So if there's anything I can switch from one machine to the other to test, I'll be glad to try it?

I can't think of a setting that would prevent the head from firing on a nozzle check. You could always switch the heads but there is no guaranteeing that it won't damage the good head! It's better if you can get your hands on a used head that you know works but just is missing nozzles. That way if you fry it, it's worthless anyway.

Also, just double check all of your cable connections for ink splatter, debris, corrosion or physical damage. You might just have a bad cable to something got knocked out of place.

oncewild

I can't think of a setting that would prevent the head from firing on a nozzle check. You could always switch the heads but there is no guaranteeing that it won't damage the good head! It's better if you can get your hands on a used head that you know works but just is missing nozzles. That way if you fry it, it's worthless anyway.

Also, just double check all of your cable connections for ink splatter, debris, corrosion or physical damage. You might just have a bad cable to something got knocked out of place.
I actually have the head I took out of the other machine when I purchased the new one. I sent it off to be cleaned and just put it up for any future need. I'll try that and see if it works.

oncewild

What size fuse goes in the CR board? I'm still not getting any ink. I can see it pass down the in a cleaning cycle, but not firing for a nozzle check. Previous owner said they changed the CR board, head cables, and maintenance station. I put a different head in it that came out of my machine, still not firing. Anyone have a suggestion from there? I'm thinking of swapping boards, 1 at a time, from my machine and see if that finds the problem.

floater302

What size fuse goes in the CR board? I'm still not getting any ink. I can see it pass down the in a cleaning cycle, but not firing for a nozzle check. Previous owner said they changed the CR board, head cables, and maintenance station. I put a different head in it that came out of my machine, still not firing. Anyone have a suggestion from there? I'm thinking of swapping boards, 1 at a time, from my machine and see if that finds the problem.
dont switch boards unless you have too, each time you handle a board you can take a change of damaging them, check the fuse on the board, 99 percent thats the cause,

oncewild

all 3 of them? only other thing it can be would be the head cables, printhead or mother board, and the maintnance station is pulling ink thru it?
Yep, maintenance station pulls ink through as it should. Main board is only thing I haven't changed. I did check the firmware version and it's the new version. Would it be possible the heater board firmware hasn't been updated and causing an issue in communication between the boards?

floater302

Yep, maintenance station pulls ink through as it should. Main board is only thing I haven't changed. I did check the firmware version and it's the new version. Would it be possible the heater board firmware hasn't been updated and causing an issue in communication between the boards?
I wouldnt think so, and if it was the printhead cables id think it would throw up a heat temp error, have you tried to do a ink charge? but then again its all colors and not just one. i thought if had every problem possible with the 1204 and 1304 but this is a new one without some kind of error. and the printhead is new?

oncewild

I wouldnt think so, and if it was the printhead cables id think it would throw up a heat temp error, have you tried to do a ink charge? but then again its all colors and not just one. i thought if had every problem possible with the 1204 and 1304 but this is a new one without some kind of error. and the printhead is new?
Printhead is not new. It was working in my machine, but not great prints. Replaced head in my machine with a new one, sent the old one off for pro cleaning, and got it back refreshed.

oncewild

Update on printer!

Took my mainboard out of my machine, put it in the non working machine and it prints just as it should!! I took the non working board and examined all circuits visually. I couldn't see any burnt traces. I did not test any components besides fuses.

floater302

Printhead is not new. It was working in my machine, but not great prints. Replaced head in my machine with a new one, sent the old one off for pro cleaning, and got it back refreshed.
possible they broke the head? those things are very delicate