• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1440x1440dpi colour profile for the CJV30-130

leeb

Hello Mimaki users,

I am after a 1440x1440dpi colour profile for the CJV30-130.
Anyone know where i can get one?

I work at a label printing company and in most cases I dont use colour profiles. I get the customer to approve a colour hard copy which we at print time match, using the mimaki. I usually change the colours in the file to match before it gets ripped. I use rasterlink pro 4 (came with the printer)

I cant seem to make the printer run at 1440x1440, does anyone know how. Resolution seems to be defined by the colour profile or defaults to 1440x720dpi. The spec of the printer says 1440x1440 is an option.
The tech guy we bought the printer off isnt super helpful cause he said theres not enough demand for a colour profile with that res.
I guess if i had better rip software this would be an option?

We often print fine text so 1440dpi in both directions would be helpful.

Cheers
Lee

PS. I run many jobs at 32pass which is probably laughable to most of you, but we print on many different stocks and 32pass is the only way I get the inks to dry. Most of the labels i print are small so 32pass is reasonable.

jasonx

Highly doubt you'll find a profile thats been profiled at 1440x1440. I had to make my own for my Roland.

Custom_Grafx

The resolution is set in the RIP.

A colour profile doesn't dictate print resolution, it only tells the printer how to interpret colour.

Colours look different when printed at different resolutions, therefore you might see a different profile pop up as default for each resolution - as a different profile is required for each resolution/media combination.

32pass - I used to do similar sometimes - it gives very nice results on solid colours and details.

But... I also do some small labels, and have found even with 16 pass at 720dpi, if the bi-directional and feed is calibrated correctly (which is more important than resolution), I can achieve very good results.

Have you also tried slowing the head speed down a little? That can also help.

leeb

I guess i just want to change to 1440x1440dpi without using a colour profile then. Unfortunately I cant seem to set the resolution in rasterlink pro 4 unless i use a colour profile. Way early on when we first got the machine tried setting resolution on the printer panel but couldnt find it (only 720x1440dpi was available). Maybe will have another go now im a bit more experienced.

I pretty much always use uni directional setting so no need to calibrate that? Also before every job i do a feed compensation.
Can i slow the speed down even more than that? Like pause after every scan? Is that what you mean Custom_grafx?
Im not sure of any other calibration needed, as long as my test grid looks fine?

Just realised rasterlink5 is out. I will try upgrading to rasterlink pro 5 (pretty sure its a free download) Maybe theres an option to change resolution in the latest version.

I cant believe that the best quality print settings aren't immediately available from when purchasing the machine. Speed must be more of a priority for the sign guys.

Ill get in touch with mimaki tech again see if they can help.

Thanks for your replies.
Cheers
Lee