• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1600mm Media

JLD984

Anybody know a quality 1600mm (63") polymeric vinyl and laminate? I've only ever noticed one or two materials in this width but the 1524mm rolls seem to be a bit of a waste knowing the printer is capable of 1600. This allows a 3' and 2' print with bleed and crop marks to fit in the width of the roll whereas the 1524 doesn't allow bleed.

Bly

Spandex sell an Image Perfect brand polymeric which comes in 1600 width.
I got some for a job and it prints nicely in the 360 and seems quality media.

JLD984

Spandex sell an Image Perfect brand polymeric which comes in 1600 width.
I got some for a job and it prints nicely in the 360 and seems quality media.
Thanks Bly. I contacted them yesterday but they were as unhelpful as ever, they don't seem to like sales. What's the liner on it like? I need something that stays fairly flat.

Bly

That's weird I find their service to be the best of all my suppliers and delivery is fast.
Liner seems fine. Like I said it seems a quality product.

astro8

Halifax Vogel HVG. We switched to their 1600 width Revolution series years ago as it is very consistent from roll to roll. Prints nicely, good colour, doesn't buckle and cockle which means no headstrikes. After thousands of metres, no bad rolls and no complaints.

JLD984

Halifax Vogel HVG. We switched to their 1600 width Revolution series years ago as it is very consistent from roll to roll. Prints nicely, good colour, doesn't buckle and cockle which means no headstrikes. After thousands of metres, no bad rolls and no complaints.
Thanks Astro, just wondering how many years you've been using it and how are your earliest signs looking? It's substantially cheaper than anything similar I've found which makes me wonder about it's longevity.

Bly

How much is it?
I stopped using HVG after their rep put some gear on my account for a mate of his then wouldn't pay me back..
Their new rep came in wanting my business back then told me they closed my account and wanted all sorts of guarantees to apply for a new one.
It would take something pretty special to swing me back to that mob again.

JLD984

How much is it?
I stopped using HVG after their rep put some gear on my account for a mate of his then wouldn't pay me back..
Their new rep came in wanting my business back then told me they closed my account and wanted all sorts of guarantees to apply for a new one.
It would take something pretty special to swing me back to that mob again.
The prices I found online must be pretty old because now their prices sound similar to other suppliers. Unfortunately all suppliers seem to go through these episodes thanks to their good reps being poached and replaced with peanuts who are useless and don't care.

astro8

Prices are pretty similiar with others from my understanding. Have been using it since they introduced it, a few years now. Can't remember exactly. Switched over from using Avery, 3m and Oracal. Have had no failures using the matched laminates (clear). Forgot to mention that we only use the permanent clear glue version. I don't trust removable or repositionable grey glue versions of anything really, except cast.
Have also used it on a dozen flat sided box trucks and no failures. Some have been out on the road at least 4 years from what I can remember. Print/cut on the doors too.

I think I know the rep you mentioned Bly, known him for years if it's who I think it is. He came across as a bit shady even in full sun. Never dealt with him over the last few years, deal through another rep.