• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

1641 Page Feed Issue

jbennett

When printing on my newer 1641, longer prints like 8-10 ft come up nearly an inch short in the page feed direction, but are perfect in the carriage direction. I have went through the PF adjustment and it was a tad off, but once corrected, it still comes up short on longer prints. Printing out of Flexi with no output compensation and everything at 100% size. It seems both Mutohs I own are just a tad off over long runs. Actually enough to cause slight contour cut issues over longer prints. I can perform output compensation, but isn't that usually a mask for something else that needs to be fixed right? All help is appreciated.

jbennett

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can expect to be +/- about an 1/8th of an inch on prints that long so a whole inch is out of spec. Do you see any sort of distortion in the print? Any banding? If you scroll the material forward using the buttons on the panel, do you hear any thumping noises?

jbennett

You can expect to be +/- about an 1/8th of an inch on prints that long so a whole inch is out of spec. Do you see any sort of distortion in the print? Any banding? If you scroll the material forward using the buttons on the panel, do you hear any thumping noises?
No distortion, banding, or noise. Printer is virtually new.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
No distortion, banding, or noise. Printer is virtually new.
I'd do the print length compensation in Flexi and see if it works. It can be more of a band aid but if it consistently fixes the issues and doesn't need to be adjusted every time you print, it might be worth trying.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
I've seen no drop in image quality (and really picky clients) by setting up the media correction in Fiery. We run a whole bunch of papers from matt bond 80gsm to 340gsm thick art papers. You already have all the data you need to make the correction (input size 120", output size 119 5/64th"). Save it in the profile/quickset/condition.
Not on a Mutoh, but using a halfway decent RIP.