• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

18" square 30lb plaque to drywall - stud mounted... Please help!

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
So I ordered a plaque with a blind mount - like a fool I thought it was going to have keyhole slots and I could just use screws with anchors to hang it. Instead it's got studs in the corners. I'm going on a painted interior wall. How the heck should I mount this? Should I use construction adhesive in addition to silicone in the holes? How do I keep it against the wall until it sets?

Brandon708

Why wouldn't you just mount it with the studs?
Make a template, Drill the holes, put some silicone on the studs and back of plaque and put into the wall. Done

jtiii

Beautiful day, great to be alive!
Why wouldn't you just mount it with the studs?
Make a template, Drill the holes, put some silicone on the studs and back of plaque and put into the wall. Done
I wasn't sure if this weighed too much to do it that way, I was worried about it tipping away from the wall.

Brandon708

It should be fine with the 4 studs and silicone on the back of the plaque. Don't over drill the holes in the drywall. You the studs to fit snuggly in there.

Also, apply the silicone in circles on the back. They act as little suction cups.

visual800

that size and weight will work just fine on drywall, silicon on all studs and then place dime sized spots on back of plaque maybe only about 8-10 spots, dont go putting 3 tubes on back theres no sense in it