• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

18oz banner for L25500

dypinc

I have a HP l26500 and have used many rolls of Ultraflex 18 oz with no problems until now. The last roll I received gave me the same wave pattern you speak of, I tried several different profile setup but no luck. I moved the roll onto my Mutoh 1608 and it printed perfect so it leads me to believe they have change the coating on the 18 oz as only the latex printer has a problem with it.
I order the Ultraflex 18 oz in 3 different size widths and the problem only appeared on the 60" width roll so it must be a batch issue

Are you referring to Pole Banner Pro or the new UltraFlex Outdoor Blockout LTX?

H&H Group

Trying UltraFlex 18 oz outdoor blackout LTX and Pole Banner Pro

We are printing on an HP Latex 260. Does anybody have issues with some of these materials scratching VERY easily? We were having a major issue with scratching on our UltraFlex 18oz outdoor blackout LTX material especially. Do you think we should try less passes?

Thanks!

peavey123

Yes they do!

This bump reminded me. For any HP L25500 users who are getting a "wave" through their banner prints. I've got something for you to try out.

Try replacing the little black rollers that clamp the material to the platen. I was having this issue again on some banner. Replaced those things and it seemed to do the trick. Not sure if a coincidence or not? Someone else give it a go and let me know!

Suz

Peavey,

Would you mind taking a photo of those little black rollers? Just want to be sure that I am replacing the correct ones. LOL! I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm no tech. Capable of fixing as well as vexing, so I want to be sure! :Big Laugh

I may try this and appreciate the tip!

Yes they do!

This bump reminded me. For any HP L25500 users who are getting a "wave" through their banner prints. I've got something for you to try out.

Try replacing the little black rollers that clamp the material to the platen. I was having this issue again on some banner. Replaced those things and it seemed to do the trick. Not sure if a coincidence or not? Someone else give it a go and let me know!

peavey123

Here you go Suz.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 104

Suz

Awh, Thanks!!!! So nice of you. Hopefully we can get around to doing a bit of maintenance soon, as I have some banners to do soon.
Much appreiated!

1178805]Peavey,

Would you mind taking a photo of those little black rollers? Just want to be sure that I am replacing the correct ones. LOL! I'm willing to give it a try, but I'm no tech. Capable of fixing as well as vexing, so I want to be sure! :Big Laugh

I may try this and appreciate the tip![/QUOTE]

dypinc

Yes they do!

If that is the case maybe taking them out and cleaning might work just as well. Could they become contaminated with something that only shows up on certain media?

Since this is really a problem of ink coalescing caused by a malfunction of the substrate, I find that setting the Inter Swath Delay up a little helps if you see this start happening while it is printing, or if you know it is going to be happening you can choose unidirectional. Anything that delays the ink lay down is going to allow more drying between passes and will help to eliminate ink coalescing.

Suz

We have such great Scientists here! :)
dypinc, that coud also be a possibility. Great idea.

If that is the case maybe taking them out and cleaning might work just as well. Could they become contaminated with something that only shows up on certain media?

Since this is really a problem of ink coalescing caused by a malfunction of the substrate, I find that setting the Inter Swath Delay up a little helps if you see this start happening while it is printing, or if you know it is going to be happening you can choose unidirectional. Anything that delays the ink lay down is going to allow more drying between passes and will help to eliminate ink coalescing.