• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question 36" transfer tape handing and applying tape to vinyl

CKCUSTOMKC

hey all,

I need some advice, I have a rather large layout of a wordmark that is spread out between several panels, to make it easier on my shop team I am trying to help them with a 36" roll of application tape to allow a full panel to be on one sheet of transfer tape. does anyone know of a good way to unroll that transfer tape in order to make placing a whole panel on it, easier? as of right now 2 guys are unrolling very carefully with it tacked down on one end, but I know there has to be a better way than this.

any help or advice would be amazing

Cheers!

-chris

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Takes practice by hand. We use both 48" and 54" transfer manually with no problems. 10-15ft at a time.
Do you have a cold press laminator?

CKCUSTOMKC

I'm curious how others are doing it with a laminator. Last time I did it I put too much tension on the mask and the letters did not want to come off the backer.
We have a holder that's 48" wide with a rod to go through the premask. One man can (barely) grab both ends of a 48" roll and pull it back to the beginning of the vinyl, tack it down, and mask away. We usually keep 30" on it.
yea my work around was similar, I tacked the tape sticky side up on a table then unrolled it, laid the vinyl face down and the cut. it was the only way I could thin of doing it at the time