• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion 3d background... learning 2d

Door Slammers

What a surprise joining this forum and finding a 3d section :cool:... I feel at home! lol

Been in the 3d world since the early 1990's and currently in the video game industry since 2012 with our own mobile game. Expanding my horizons and learning Illustrator for vehicle wrapping, figured they would complement each other and keep us busy in the summer months (games sales slow down when the sun is out and its warm).

If anyone has any 3d questions, be glad to help
Mini Bike.jpg
JrDragster0.PNG
JrDragster2.PNG
JrDragster1.PNG
. I use 3ds max for the pc and Cheetah 3d for the mac.

First print job was a mini bike, second is a junior dragster for a friend until we learn the ropes. Finishing up the 3d model, then it can be uv mapped for the wrap design for printing. Purchased a VG-640 the end of last year and also have a BN-20 for small jobs

ams

I've been in 3D as well for several years. But I did it as a hobby, just for fun. So can't say I am an expert by any means.

Door Slammers

I'm more of a hard surface modeler... wish I had more talent on the artistic side. I could never draw a human or plant if my life depended on it lol.

Just the last few months started learning Illustrator, its humbling for sure.

AKwrapguy

I'm more of a hard surface modeler... wish I had more talent on the artistic side. I could never draw a human or plant if my life depended on it lol.

Just the last few months started learning Illustrator, its humbling for sure.

Welcome,
My degree is in Game Design, although I haven't used 3Ds Max or a game engine in years. I do use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a lot for vehicle wraps, as well as Flexi.