• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3d render to 2d print

Door Slammers

Here are some ideas of where you can use 3d renders to make 2d graphics.

1. Hot Rod grocery cart with coins - This was a combination of purchased 3d content from Turbosquid and custom made 3d content and marrying it all together in a 3d scene. I put the coins in a vertical row above the cart and let the modeling software drop them with gravity around the collision of the cart

2. Empty Bullet Shells - Another one using Cheetah 3d. Same thing as the coins, put them all in a vertical row, collision on the ground plane and let them all fall. Gave a perfect pile of spent shells that would have taken forever to hand draw.

3. Race Car Breaking Phone Glass - I used Cinema 4d on this one and glass shatter. I then photoshopped in the car and moved the fragments around a little so they didn't block the text. The phone itself was a 3d model and I can't remember if the circuit board was a 3d model or purchased 2d content.

4. T-Shirt Graphic - I tried and tried to draw a vehicle in 2d of a real car photo with zero luck. Even purchased a Wacom Cintiq but that still couldn't make up for my lack of artistic talent lol. Finally went with the tried and true render of a 3d model in Cinema 4d.
3d2.png
3d4.jpg
3d3.jpg
3d1.jpg