• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M™ Fasara Glass Decorative Film - Illumina-G Install tips

TheSignKid

Hey yall having some issues installing this film using rapid tac and a wet mount felt strips. The normal water spots do show up however some air bubble do start to form after a few hours. Am i using to much application fluid?

signheremd

With 3Ms window films, it is best to read their pdf on the product first. That said, we have always applied them wet using Rapid Tac and a hard squeegee with a felt wrapped edge. If material is masked, then keep the working side dry until you have pushed all the water out - then wet it before removing. If working without masking, spray the working side with RapidTac to help prevent accidental scratching while working the water out. I do not like using a full felt squeegee, like Oshee, as they do not seem to move enough water out from behind the film.

As far as how much application fluid, I usually mist the vinyl and mist the window - not drench either - and that ends up as plenty. you want just enough on the vinyl so that you can get it in position without it fighting you. If the material moves around while you start squeegeeing, then you have too much.

hope that helps.

AKwrapguy

For the 3M window films we keep it as simple as possible for installs.
Clean the glass with soapy water, wipe down with IPA.
Spray glass with light mist of soapy water, spray back of film with light mist of soapy water.
Apply film, start from the center and work your way out. Look on the back side of the glass for any bubbles.
Let it dry for a bit, trim, if your using a pre-mask, wet the pre-mask with soapy water and remove by pulling the pre-mask down, not off or away from window.