• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M 8915 Ultra Matte Laminate Alternatives?

jtorrescd

Hello Everyone,

It is my understanding that there is a shortage for 3M Ultra Matte Laminate film. Our supplier told us that its possible that we would not see anything come in until mid-May. I was wondering if anyone know of an alternative to the Ultra Matte laminate and if it is just like the 3M version. Unfortunately for the projects that we produce in our shop, regular matte laminate would not work because there can be no sheen on the film. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

karst41

Who is your supplier?

Have you called the following
Grimco
Reece Supply
Gregory1
Athens Paper
NazDar

Based on your post it is obvious that FDC is out.
There could be in-house reservation at Gregory, but you still call regardless
and you follow through with the Others.

With Reece and the others you might have a very realistic shot at Arlon high Performance Lam.
You already know that it will not be cheap, but for fleet that would be my next call.

Good Luck

FCD

Arlon 3270 will probably be your best bet if you can find some. I just recently ordered a roll from GSG. It seems to have more of a matte finish than Avery 1380 matte which is what I typically use. I was really impressed with it and will probably use it from here on out honestly.

jtorrescd

As an update long overdue the suggestion from karst41 about the vendors helped and we were able to find a few rolls from Reece. As an update, we switched over to a Quality Media brand laminate which visibly identical to the 3M 8915 Ultra Matte, which is what we are using for now until we receive our backordered laminate. Thanks for all the suggestions and help.