• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m, oracal or generic brand

1leonchen

I am in the process of purchasing some premium calendered vinyl. First vinyl i got was Oracal 651 and i liked it. i have tinkered with other brands like fellers in house brand shine right. but i got a roll of 3m calendered and it was better than the Oracal in weeding and cutting. shine right needs a little extra push on the squeegee or u get small bubbles.so if it was u which one would u chose. I never used Avery. i have cast vinyl but i don't keep more than 10 yard rolls because of price and it is much harder to sell. Every body watches price. so in total if u were to by 5 50 yard rolls of vinyl which brand would u choose. hope i posted this in the right section.

Last edited:

Mark Your Space

I personally like the Oracal and hate the Avery premium vinyl and will not buy it again.

I'd buy what you like. If you are more comfortable working, you are having more fun and producing a better product. Go with what YOU like.

Just my $0.02

gnatt66

for race cars and such, shinerite rules, imo.

but i'm moving everything to oracal 651 for cut vinyl, because it last way better outside, imo. cheaper to stock just one line of cal. vinyl.